You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ppp

Re: Bumblefoot responds to rumors about him

ppp wrote:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/90639h

OK, here's the deal with all the GNR rumors. Some trolls tried to get attention by starting rumors, as they had seen others get. I called a few out on it personally, smacked 'em down and their panties are still all bunched up over it, so they've been going to different GNR fansites, they create an account with an IP scrambler, post these fake stories, and then disappear. They're 1) trying to get me back for bruising their ego, 2) they're trying to mindfuck the *real* GNR fans and make them lose faith in the band and bandmembers they've gotten to know over the years, 3) they saw someone else get a lot of attention in a similar scenario recently, and want some attention themselves, from fans, and from me.

All they want to do is hurt the fans and the band. All the credible GNR fansites see it and have been deleting the silly posts by their own choice. Don't buy into it. Don't stand for it. And don't believe a WORD of it. If the people spreading this would like to come forward and show who they are, I'd be happy to bring them into a courtroom with a libel suit, and if they can prove their statements to be true I'll cover all costs and whatever else. But that wouldn't happen because every word of it is made up and that's why they don't stick around and remain in hiding.

To any news sites that spread the rumors without fact-checking, that'll post anything any sociopath makes up and give it a platform, you need to do better.

To sum it up, I have a life, you have a life, these particular trolls don't - they're just trying to tear us both down, because they're bitter.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) Don't give these people power, and don't do nothing. Find out who they are, and hold them personally accountable for fucking with you and the band.

OK, back to making music, loving my band, my family, the fans, and looking forward to seeing you all as soon as possible.

Ron

nugdafied wrote:

Bumblefuck wishes the world cared. He's threatening to sue someone!!!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Instead of chatting on mygnr, why didn't bumble just release a statement like this to begin with?

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

It wouldn't matter if he did. Then someone would complain that he didn't address the fans directly. He's in a no-win situation, and I've said it before, but it's crazy that anyone would buy into the idea that he somehow slighted the fanbase in his responses to a few trolls.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great statement by Ron, and totally 100% factual.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

A-fuckin-men.

Bumblefoot is a good dude.

...back to our regularly scheduled rumor-mongering and nonsense.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's really great of bumble to come forward and just address the nonsence like this.

The problem many of us have is that we don't want to further the attention seakers, the drama and the bullshit, but at the same time because we are interested in the band, it's members, the music, and care about what happens, it's hard to ignore such people entirely in the absense of the real facts. It's a paradox because giving them any attention probably derails the band itself.

So the best way to deal with it, is this I think, even though they don't deserve a second of bumble's time, is for him to come out and do this, set the record straight. I'm glad we can forget about this rubbish and get back to proper fandom.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

smoke wrote:

It wouldn't matter if he did. Then someone would complain that he didn't address the fans directly. He's in a no-win situation, and I've said it before, but it's crazy that anyone would buy into the idea that he somehow slighted the fanbase in his responses to a few trolls.

Who cares what some dipshit says on a message board. Statements like this will burn their way through the messageboards and the BS.

It is a no win situation when you engage the trolls. In fact, it empowers them.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

sue?  where theres a blame theres a claim..... welcome to america.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Rock on BBF! 

to BBF Come chat with us sometimes.  You could direct anger @ me if you like big_smile Would be a nice trade off to let members here interview you in a live setting like the Mygnr deal

Board footer