You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: Ron Paul MLK Money Bomb! Please consider a donation :)

-Jack- wrote:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

The Ron Paul campaign is hoping to once again raise millions in a single day on January 21st, Martin Luther King day.

So far over 6000 visitors to the website http://www.freeatlast2008.com/ have pledged to donate to Dr Paul on the national holiday in another mass donation day organized by grass roots supporter Trevor Lyman.

Lyman was the brains behind the record breaking donation days on November 5th and December 15th last year that raised $4.3 and $6 million respectively, pushing Paul's fourth quarter earnings to around $20 million, making him the biggest GOP fundraiser closing out 2007.

In addition to raising donations, the website is encouraging supporters to take to the streets:

This is our day to blanket the streets with the message of liberty. Our goal is to make every city look like the Lincoln Memorial lawn of Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

March through your cities and towns, contact your meetups for more information and make this day a day for freedom. Confirm your commitment to march at RonPaulMarch.com!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ron Paul finished in 2nd in the Nevada caucus, and has beat Rudy Guliani and Fred Thompson in many of the primary's and caucuses.

Please consider a generous donation. I donated 175 bucks smile. The only way RP has a chance is through people like us. If you don't agree, that's cool... just don't make fun. smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow, you're hardcore. 175 bucks to a candidate from someone in your age group is spectacular. While Paul doesn't have a chance in hell at winning, its cool that you are investing alot of time into politics and whats going on in the country.

If more people in your generation would do such things, I might have a bit more confidence in our future.

I don't think Paul can top that last big fundraising effort.

His supporters do a great job at 'working the streets". When I went to Frisco to see my first MIA show(Treasure Island festival), there were a shitload of Paul's supporters handing out booklets and shit on Fishermen's wharf.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

You saw an equal amount handing out Guiliani booklets? 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

You saw an equal amount handing out Guiliani booklets? 16

16 I still don't understand why he ran for president. I know the neocons wanted him as basically a 3rd Bush term, but nobody else was interested. The guy only gets a few votes in each state. Big Bird could run for president and get a higher percentage of voters to the polls.

AtariLegend wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

16 I still don't understand why he ran for president.

America, I mean the world needs him... http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2iFhGtKO-Q

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

16 I still don't understand why he ran for president.

lol, neither do I. Although at first I thought he was going to do much better. I thought it'd be Clinton vs. Guiliani with Obama putting up a good fight. Turns out Obama is much closer to winning than I thought, and Guiliani is nowhere to be seen. I read somewhere that Ron Paul has beat Guiliani in EVERY state so far?? Guiliani's toast.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:

Thanks James. I wish more young people would look at the issues and vote for that. Instead I have some friends who are voting for Obama because "he's black and not republican." It gets old man.

I know chances for Ron are slim, but if everyone waits for an for someone who has a great chance at winning, then in the next campaign someone "non mainstream" will have to start from square one again. At least if people who support Ron Paul show that they are willing to support and fight for this idea there can be someone in the future who takes up the flame. We'll see. Either way, RP 2008! Lol

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

25 bucks from me.

-Jack-

-Jack- wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:

25 bucks from me.

Thanks P&G!! 9

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

No problem dude. I support Paul too. 5

Board footer