You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Ac/dc

jamester wrote:

AC/DC To Release New Concert DVD In May - Mar. 6, 2011
According to ACDCZone.com and Amazon.com, AC/DC will release a new concert DVD, tentatively titled "Live At River Plate", documenting the band's massive "Black Ice" world tour. Shot with 32 cameras entirely in HD in December of 2009, the set marks AC/DC's triumphant return to Buenos Aires where nearly 200,000 fans, and three sold-out shows in December 2009, welcomed the band back after a 13-year absence from Argentina. This stunning live footage of AC/DC underscores what Argentina's Pagina 12 newspaper reported by saying "no one is on the same level when it comes to pure and clear rock and roll." Additionally, the DVD contains a bonus feature titled "The Fan, The Roadie, The Guitar Tech & The Meat", featuring interviews with AC/DC, their crew and fans among the excitement of the creation of the concerts and the city of Buenos Aires.

Track listing:

01. Rock N Roll Train
02. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
03. Back In Black
04. Big Jack
05. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
06. Shot Down In Flames
07. Thunderstruck
08. Black Ice
09. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
15. T.N.T.
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock
18. Highway To Hell
19. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Bonus features:

* The Fan, The Roadie, The Guitar Tech & The Meat
* AC/DC Tour Animation

According to OnSight.co.uk, after workflow planning for the three-day, 20-camera shoot, it was up to On Sight to make sure everything went smoothly. Axis Films took care of all HD cameras (including 15 REDs) as well as the production equipment. Axis Films also supplied DITs to manage all of the digital rushes produced during the three sold-out shows.

The seamless production was completed by the HD Lab who provided conform, online, mastering and deliverable services for Serpent Productions, who regularly work with some of the world's best-known artists.

AC/DC singer Brian Johnson said in a recent interview that the band has no immediate plans following the set's release, explaining, "We just want to have a rest, because we were on the road for two years. We played in front of five million people, and we deserve a rest."

Footage from AC/DC's Buenos Aires concerts was previously used in the video for the band's classic album cut "Shoot To Thrill", which served as the first single from AC/DC's "Iron Man 2" soundtrack (featuring catalog material from the mid-1970s onwards). The video also incorporated exclusive footage from "Iron Man 2".

The Buenos Aires concerts were part of AC/DC's highly acclaimed "Black Ice World Tour", the second-highest-grossing world tour of 2009, according to concert industry trade publication Pollstar.
acdcbuenos.jpeg

jamester

jamester wrote:

acdcplatenew.jpg
Check out a trailer below.
BLABBERMOUTH.NET
AC/DC: 'Live At River Plate' Trailer Available http://bit.ly/gNbhD3

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Pumped for this release...loved this tour...looking forward to checking out the dvd...sounds like it's been nicely shot!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Boy Brian's voice sounds hollow terribly. Still AC/DC, i'm sure it's good.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...i guess he's not as young as he used to be...but still...this tour holds a special place in my heart...went to 3 shows last year and it was totally overwhelming in both peformance and atmosphere.

While they're clearly not 20 anymore, I just hope I can kick half as much ass when I'm 60. Great showmen.

Wish i could impart the vibe I had going into the stadium here the first night. Had been a massive battle to get there on time, literally fighting traffic on a 2 hour drive from work across suburbian melbourne.

Get there, go in alone. And i'm a bit jumpy from the trip, and cos i got lost in the backpassages of the arena due to poor directions from some securty dude showing me around the underground carpark.

I go down these concetre passages and stairs for what seems like miles, finally I find a door back out into the arena area...I come out into the foyer...i've not been in this stadium before...anyway...I get out into the open and I suddenly get this visual and aural sensation....i'm looking out at a sea of like 60,000 people in the dark (support band is playing) and nearly everyone is in black, and I'd say like 30,000 of them are wearing light up flashing Ac/Dc horns. So it's just a see of flashing redlights in the darkness of this massive crowd.

You sort of had to be there, not like I hadn't been to shows before, but there was just a real positive vibe at this show - maybe because of the "home" aussie crowd or whatever...but it was just a magical few days of kickass shows night after night. I felt like 1,000,000 dolalrs before they played a note...and the show didn't disapoint...sort of warmed itself up so that by the end you're having a ball!

So yeah, I'm looking forward to this dvd to see if it captures some of that vibe, although I guess it wont translate well to the screen as it would in person. Also - love Big Jack, Rock and Roll Train and Black Ice as songs...so it's nice to have a legit version of it all.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool story

jamester

jamester wrote:

AC/DC: 'Australia's Family Jewels' Exhibition Coming To Perth - Mar. 17, 2011
A new exhibition celebrating the career of one of Australia's biggest musical exports opens in Perth next month.

"AC/DC: Australia's Family Jewels" takes a look at a band who have produced 18 original albums spanning four decades, shifting more than two million copies in the process.

The installation at the Western Australia Museum (WAM) in Perth features over 400 items of memorabilia, including photographs, instruments, gig posters, lyrics and clothing.

Among the extremely rare garments on display is one of Angus Young's schoolboy outfits, plus the home-sewn Super Ang costume and satin cape worn by the legendary guitarist in 1975.

Bon Scott's "Highway to Hell" sweatshirt and his last leather jacket are also featured.

More than three hours of live concert footage, interviews and video clips charting the history of the group will play on screens and projectors dotted around the exhibition.

This footage ends with recordings from AC/DC's Monsters Of Rock shows at Castle Donington in the U.K.

The installation runs from April 16th to August 7, 2011. Admission to the WAM is free, although a donation of AU$5 is suggested.

Daily opening hours at the museum are from 9:30 to 17:00 local time.

Music fans looking for cheap hotels in the city can find an extensive selection of Perth accommodation at LateRooms.com.au.

Further information can be found by calling the venue on (+61) 8 9212 3700 or visiting www.acdcfamilyjewels.com.
acdcjewels.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

Former AC/DC Members To Perform At BON SCOTT Tribute Shows - Mar. 29, 2011
According to ACDCfans.net, AC/DC's founding bassist Mark Evans and ex-AC/DC drummer Simon Wright will team up for a Bon Scott tribute show to be announced for Fremantle, Western Australia and Queensland's Cold Coast. They will perform with the band RAISE THE FLAG.

Evans — who spent time in the Australian band HEAVEN in the mid-'80s — played on AC/DC's "High Voltage", "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "TNT", and "Let There Be Rock" albums, which have sold a combined 11 million copies in the U.S.

Wright joined AC/DC in the '80s and played on the "Fly On The Wall" (1985), "Who Made Who" (1986) and "Blow Up Your Video" (1988) LPs.

Scott was just 33 when he was found dead in February 1980 from acute alcohol poisoning after a night out in London.

jamester

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
AC/DC: Another 'Live At River Plate' Preview Clip Posted Online

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Original AC/DC Singer Dave Evans Tells The Story
By Paul Cashmere
14 hours ago (Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:27:11 +1000)

Dave Evans is the original lead singer for AC/DC. He formed the band in 1973 with Angus and Malcolm Young, Colin Burgess and Larry Van Kriedt.

Dave dropped into Undercover to tell his story about the origins of AC/DC. He says the band formed in 1973 after he answered an ad in the Sydney Morning Herald for a heavy rock singer that Malcolm Young had placed. A week later, Malcolm’s brother Angus auditioned and joined the band. The name came from Sandra Young, the wife of George Young. She suggested the name AC/DC. “It was easy to remember, was short and sweet and it means power,” Dave said. From that day on they were known as AC/DC.

A week later they played their first gig on New Year’s Eve at Checkers Nightclub in Sydney.

VIDEO: Watch the Dave Evans interview here:

http://www.undercover.fm/news/14422-ori … -the-story

Board footer