You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Re: New, free Bucket song

Saboteur wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Listened to this again...love that solo. and the ending too...really cool..hope it's available other than streaming at some stage.

http://bucketheadland.com/crack-the-sky.mp3

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Saboteur wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Listened to this again...love that solo. and the ending too...really cool..hope it's available other than streaming at some stage.

http://bucketheadland.com/crack-the-sky.mp3

Right click on that link above, "save link as" and you've got it.

On a Mac you have to hold down "option" or "control" while clicking it and you get the same option.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Thanks for the link guys. Appriciate the effort.

Must be real hard to compose GNR type songs around bucket's music though...like most of his songs I've heard have several mood-shift type moments. Great riffs but sometimes almost like different ideas put together. I guess a lot of new GNR is like that too though - like Better has a couple of pretty significant shifts in that it doesn't really go where you'd expect. But yeah I can see him as being an awarkward fit into most bands.

Not that I don't appriciate what Bucket did on CD, but I'd love to know if there's any more of his riffs with Axl on them. I'm still looking for one of his really monstorous solos like on soothsayer I guess. The idea of it just blows my mind...even some of the riffs and melodies on this with Axl would be insane.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I still think Soothsayer is a song Bucket brought to the GNR table. It was one of the first "new" songs he started playing after leaving the band. It went untitled in set lists for a long time before showing up on Crime Slunk Scene. It's the prototype GNR epic. Just my opinion. No facts to back it up. Just a hunch.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I still think Soothsayer is a song Bucket brought to the GNR table. It was one of the first "new" songs he started playing after leaving the band. It went untitled in set lists for a long time before showing up on Crime Slunk Scene. It's the prototype GNR epic. Just my opinion. No facts to back it up. Just a hunch.

Yeah which blows my mind if it were true. That song is some of the finest guitar playing ever. I mean it's still wonderful as is, and I guess GNR couldn't have had like a 5 mins solo, so maybe it's for the best but I can't help but ponder, if they'd somehow built it into one of Axl's emotional ballads around it. Would have blown people the hell away I think. I mean the tone alone in that song...let alone the shred and the rest.

I love the new gnr tracks but I guess because the old band was very guitar based, and the new band uses lots of guitars but sort of in small parts on and off, more like an orchestra, and with lots of synth and stuff with them...something like soothsayer that's a full on guitar assault to the senses would have silenced a lot of critics I think.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

In case anyone hasn't heard it, here's Soothsayer.

I see what you're saying Monk, about this being too much solo/guitar for a GNR song, but I'm sure if this were presented as a GNR song, it would have been just a skeleton. Bucket would have embellished it for his solo CD.

And yes, NUGNR needs MOAR GUITAR!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Once again Bri, thx for the heads up on the new Bucket track.

Finally listened... in a word - AWESOME!

This might be the best isolated track i've heard from Bucket in years! 9

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree it's really blowing my mind.

The sweeps at around 2.42 are pretty hardcore...but I really like near the end too at about  3.51 how it keep repeating that melody back and forth...sort of trips out my brain and makes me almost like meditative to the sound.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I need to get it on my iPod. Stat!

Board footer