You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New Info regarding CD

James wrote:

Classic Rock recently tracked down Beta Lebeis, personal manager of Axl Rose, who confirmed to us that Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy album "was finished before Christmas".

She added: "Everybody knows that."

Lebeis said Axl is currently "in negotiations" with unspecified parties to arrange to album's on-sale date.

However, Classic Rock believes that Chinese Democracy may not be 'released' in the traditional sense - at least not initially.

We suspect that GN'R may follow the Radiohead route of pay-as-you-like downloads. But we stress this has not been confirmed.

Another source close to the GN'R camp also suggested that Chinese Democracy may gain a conventional release in late summer, with a view to it becoming "a big Christmas album".

Stay tuned for the full, unexpurgated story behind Chinese Democracy in the next issue of Classic Rock, on sale on February 6!

James

James wrote:

The only part about this I don't believe is that its being released. With this article, the band now has a free pass on 08. The summer mention gives them a free pass for the first half of the year, and the Christmas mention is their "out" of the summer mention.

Then we are in early 09.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno...it looking like to me that this may be the year...though i've said that every year for the past 3 16

just waiting for the announcement from geffen as usual

James

James wrote:

I'm not trying to rain on Classic Rock's parade. Its just hard to get excited about this stuff because we have seen it before and know what it leads to-nothing. Whenever a time frame gets mentioned for this album, its just to throw a stall bone to a bunch of salivating dogs.

When Universal confirms a release, then I'll get excited.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

When Universal confirms a release, then I'll get excited.

ditto

what i found interesting was this....

Jameslofton wrote:

Lebeis said Axl is currently "in negotiations" with unspecified parties to arrange to album's on-sale date.

so now we have a rumor citing marketing budget....trying to sell the gnr rights to a different label and now Beta says they are trying to negotiate the release date....

i really wish GnR would give us an update 17 why is it so hard for them to do?

Sky Dog wrote:

Because it is unethical to discuss ongoing business negotiations until they are finalized....especially if they are negotiating over money. They obviously don't have a release date so there is nothing to discuss there. I have said before that there are a lot of options and there is alot of money at stake. It actually can be very complicated. In the end, when you are negotiating over millions of dollars, you simply don't risk pissing off any potential parties by discussing the details. You also don't rush things and give the impression that you are desperate to release the record. Then the other party has the upper hand in the negotiation process. How many sources do you need to confirm that they are in the process of renegotiating their record deal?:thumbup:

ps....and before you say "Axl has had 10 years to get the deal done"....remember what Merck said in late 06, "the record company would not deal with them until they had a COMPLETED album."

pss and James you are partially right, don't get excited until we hear from the record company. Unfortunately, we don't know which record company as they could be trying to sell the project. Beta says "unspecified parties".:peace:

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Because it is unethical to discuss ongoing business negotiations until they are finalized....especially if they are negotiating over money. They obviously don't have a release date so there is nothing to discuss there. I have said before that there are a lot of options and there is alot of money at stake. It actually can be very complicated. In the end, when you are negotiating over millions of dollars, you simply don't risk pissing off any potential parties by discussing the details. How many sources do you need to confirm that they are in the process of renegotiating their record deal?:thumbup:

well since i have never negotiated over millions of dollars i didnt know the etiquette 16

I was just looking for an official word on what the negotiations are about is all...instead of all guesses and rumors...i dont care the money value of this...i just wanna know what the holdup is..i mean its public knowledge in soprts when a player is in contract talks..i dont see how music is any different...gnr is contracted to universal so universal will release the album, i dont see the big secret

but i find it a bit hard to swallow the negotiation of just the on-sale date to be honest...i mean how long would that take? there has to be more at stake that just that...or maybe not...i dunno anymore. 17

Sky Dog wrote:

you don't know and you don't know if it will be Universal......read my amendment to the post you replied to.:haha:

James

James wrote:

Which record company is going to be stupid enough to buy an album for 10-15 million that most likely wont even go gold?

This is Universal's baby whether they like it or not. Only way they dump it on to another label is if they sell it at bargain basement prices.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer