You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Bumblefoot on Axl Rose

jamester wrote:

http://www.rockaaa.com/news/bumblefoot-on-axl-3798
Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal relives his first meeting with the boss and tells of fun and games with GN’R

Reported by Eric MacKinnon

Published: March 18, 2011. © Rock AAA
ron-thal.jpg
Ron ‘Bumblefoot’ Thal will never forget the first night he met Axl Rose

The Guns N’ Roses guitarist hadn’t met the main man in person until they got together for a jamming session in New York which turned out to be a night he’ll never forget. In a RockAAA exclusive he said:

“I wasn’t nervous at all about meeting anyone as I had no perceptions other than our own dealings through management two years prior.
“I don’t buy into rumours and hearsay; I meet people, have my own experience with them and go with my gut.

“We were jamming in NYC to some of the newer songs and it was totally normal. We ate some food, made some music, it was good vibes. I hadn’t eaten red meat in a few years and his friends brought in a big tray of hamburgers, I figured it would be a memorable way to break that streak, and had one of the burgers.

“Let me tell ya, after so long without it, that was the absolute best fucking thing I ever tasted. So that’s my memory about it – jamming in New York and eating my first real burger in a long time. Good times.”

Bumblefoot has also peeled back the iron curtain which surrounds Guns N’ Roses to reveal Axl is a prankster who loves nothing more than pulling practical jokes on his band mates during live shows including cracking jokes and winding his band up with wisecracks through the monitors live on stage.

And Bumble laughs he has yet to get the frontman back. He continued:

“There’s been a few times laughing on stage, he tripped me up a few times, haha! “I’ve yet to get him to laugh through a line but that’s tough, he’s a pro – and I’m just not that funny.

“I’ve had a shitload of fun times hanging with everyone in the band and the crew and the families and the fans, and the good times are all that are matter.”

But the funtimes have been equalled by some emotional highs as Bumblefoot explains:

“It is almost exactly one year ago that we played our first show of the South American tour, in Brazil. During the show, the audience unravelled a giant flag over their heads, which had to be covering over a hundred people.

“I had never seen anything like that to be playing, then seeing this giant colourful banner roll open across the crowd in front of us, I stopped playing, pointed to it and said “Do you fucking see that?” to Axl.

“It was really heart-warming, it made the show feel more like we were all celebrating something together and it was one of the best feelings I ever had during a show.”

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Nice little interview!

I tried to find a youtube-clip with that giant flag/banner. Couldn't find it.

Can someone help me out with a link?

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

urmm....ron posted it in twitter and talked about it in one of his interview naming the show... a fan asked specifically if ron kept the flag.... so ron twitter, and....

OHHH it was the bumblefoot Mygnr interview!  haha im done with that mess I spent hrs pulling that whole $hit only to have that thread closed in a day or 2.

Good luck tho I would love to see the video. I think the chat and twitters only produced a picture.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Found it!

I thought it was the show in Porto Alegra, but turns out it was the one in Brasilia.

Insane!!!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thst is a pretty cool moment.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Nice stage show pitty they sound like shit

johndivney wrote:

they actually sound really great, it's the sound on the recording that is shit.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what sounds like shit?

The sound of the recording? Considering it's most likely shot with a phone, use your imagination and enjoy!

The bandmembers are just really bad musicians? Considering they're among the most talented guys available and willing to join Guns N' Roses, I'd say that can't be it...

You don't like the song they're playing? Considering it's a GNR-classic and your on a GNR fan-site, highly unlikely...

A quick look at the kind of topics you usually post in, I'd say your just missing a certain ex-member(s). Whole different story...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what sounds like shit?

The sound of the recording? Considering it's most likely shot with a phone, use your imagination and enjoy!

The bandmembers are just really bad musicians? Considering they're among the most talented guys available and willing to join Guns N' Roses, I'd say that can't be it...

You don't like the song they're playing? Considering it's a GNR-classic and your on a GNR fan-site, highly unlikely...

A quick look at the kind of topics you usually post in, I'd say your just missing a certain ex-member(s). Whole different story...

I think the bands sounds ilright just axls voice has gone to the shit these days

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer