You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Rock Hall 2011 Eligible: Only Guns N Roses Would Make the Cut

jamester wrote:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/03/15/ro … ke-the-cut
guns-n-roses.jpg

Rock Hall 2011 Eligible: Only Guns N Roses Would Make the Cut

Who’s next for the dreadful selection process of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? The nominating committee– consisting mostly of people who either work for Jann Wenner now or worked for him eons ago–meets in the summer. But their choices are thinning out. The only group or act entering the eligibility for the first time is Guns N Roses. Look for Wenner to move heaven and earth to reunite Slash and Axl Rose and make sure they get in tout suite.

But just to show you how bad music got 25 years ago, here are some other names they could consider: Crowded House, Babyface, Bruce Hornsby, Salt n Pepa, Eric B Rakim, Lyle Lovett, and Matthew Sweet. And those are the cream of the crop. The low end is Bobby Brown, Samantha Fox, New Kids on the Block, and Roxette. Yes, 1986 was a very, very bad year and just the beginning. The following year gets worse, with Public Enemy the only name group.

So what to do? Wenner and his people are in a jam now, forced to retrieve names from the past whom they’ve snubbed. Of course, they do have Sting, who should have gone in this year. Bon Jovi is looking better and better. So is Cyndi Lauper. Beyond that trio, there are all the names we’ve mentioned recently. You can see the whole layout at www.futurerocklegends.com. I’d go for Chubby Checker, Carly Simon, Chicago, Rufus and Carla Thomas, Kiss, Lou Reed, and Neil Sedaka in addition to the three I’ve already mentioned. And if Wenner is upset there are no good names from 2011 and 2012– 1986 and 1987–he can blame himself. That was about the time Rolling Stone completely turned into a press release for rhe junk record companies churned out for MTV. By then the real Rolling Stone was way down deep where the bugs all creep.

Same page
Daily Poll

Who should be inducted into the RRHOF next?

* KISS
    * Chicago
    * Bon Jovi

View Results
    *  Chicago (40%, 61 Votes)
    * KISS (37%, 57 Votes)
    * Bon Jovi (23%, 35 Votes)

Total Voters: 153

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I truely beleive GNR should be inducted first go, they were the Led Zep type band to kids of my age, and I'm pretty sure inspired countless others to rock and roll.

Slash is often cited as the reason people took up guitar, and Axl is definitely one of the all time memorable front men.

I think it will be insane if the politics of the Axl/Slash falling out somehow causes the induction to be delayed.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Should get in on the first ballot.

johndivney wrote:

Roxette are fucking awesome "low end" my arse they've more hits  than the rest of the '86 nominee's combined! inc GnR.

& FWIW - KISS > Chicago >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bon fucking Jovi
Chicago were really great.

also, tbpfh, i couldn't really give a fuck whether GnR get inducted. i'd almost prefer they didn't & remained outside the status quo.. but it's too late for that not Jungle & PC have become ubiquitous at sports shows or tv ad's for milk.. they've definitely lost their edge..

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I LOVE Roxette, so I don't know what they're talking about there. Maybe not HOF material, but a great duo. Love about everything they did.

And by the way, it won't be GN'R. With a lack of supporting artists, I believe Wenner will kiss the ass of - KISS - not GN'R.

I think KISS finally gets in this year. But I will say, it'd be straight up cool if GN'R gets in first ballot with a reunited GN'R playing the show. It'll be the biggest thing they've done since '93.

ppp

ppp wrote:

I want them to get in just to see who shows up and how it plays out.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

It'll be the only thing they've done since '93.

FIFY. tongue

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Bon Jovi hands down. Just check the cash register. in 2010 they blew even Lady Gaga out of the water touring. Their last 2 tours "Lost Highway" and "Circle" have been the number 1 tours of 2008 and 2010.

over 120 million albums sold 5 number 1 singles. No brainer.

Kiss also no brainer.

Shit that would be my wet dream GNR,Kiss,Bon Jovi going in the same year.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
-D- wrote:

Shit that would be my wet dream GNR,Kiss,Bon Jovi going in the same year.

All 3 of those really should be in there. It's hard to get more famous than all of those acts really.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

over 120 million albums sold 5 number 1 singles. No brainer.

By that standard, the likes of Backstreet Boys will get in. Bon Jovi was basically the same thing, except packaged as a "rock band."

Board footer