You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Rock Hall 2011 Eligible: Only Guns N Roses Would Make the Cut

-D- wrote:

Look, 27 year career is no accident. still being the biggest touring act in the world in 2010 now 2011 is no accident. People can hate on Bon jovi all they want, but they are doing something right.

U got 3 rock bands from the 80's that still sell out every show everywhere they play: Bon jovi,U2,Metallica

thats it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Bon Jovi is not the first thing i'd grab to put in the CD player, and I think Livin' On A Prayer & Wanted: Dead or Alive were beat into the ground by radio, but you got to give props when they're due and Bon Jovi are definitely someone worthy of the HOF. Tons of commercial, doo wop, radio-ready 50's rock acts, many insanely memorable and timeless are all in the Hall, and Bon Jovi was simply that kind of artist for their generation, and as long as their music had that kind of impact on audiences, I say they deserve it. But only for ROCK, for the ROCK N' ROLL Hall of Fame. Madonna getting in, not to mention countless R&B and Soul acts is just utter garbage.

And although i'm not a diehard Jovi fan, AND this is a JON Bon Jovi solo song, I still gotta say... fuggin' all time!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:

:vomit:

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

LOVE this Jon solo cut:

That is funny that you say that.  My brother is not a Bon Jovi fan at all.  He doesn't hate them but he doesn't like them.  Never has and probably never will.  BUT!  When he heard that song the first time he asked me if that was them and I said it was Jon's solo record.  He said he loved that song and even today he says that is one cool song and he often asks that song to be put in his mixes.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:

And I agree with you Bono.  People who bashes Bon Jovi are just men who try to look cool.  But I seriously believe that at least 85% of music lovers have the album Crossroad in their collection.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I have Crossroad, only album I own. Played it a lot 10 years ago

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Look, 27 year career is no accident.

Never said it was an accident.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
DCK wrote:

I have Crossroad, only album I own. Played it a lot 10 years ago

Everybody has Crossroad.  See this is my take on Jovi and wether people like it or not it is the truth.  In the early 90's when the grunge scene started taking over.  EVERY 80's band were classified as uncool and bad and they all had to fade away.  All of them.  And those that survived were the ones that I think were good.  Jovi survived, Metallica suvived, U2 as well.  So Bon Jovi HAS to do something right cause they continued getting hits and have successful tours during a period where everything from the 80's died.  And yes if you go to a Jovi show the crowd is mostly femaile.  But the guys that are there ARE having a good time and rocking out.  And while I wouldn't say Sambor is the absolute best guitarist in the world I would still have no shame to pit him against the best in of the best.  Anyone that disputes that need to give his solo albums a listen.  Sambora is an excellent musician/songwriter.

johndivney wrote:

it didn't take grunge/the 90's to make hair/pop/metal uncool. i'm p sure bon jovi were uncool from the moment jon did that stupid thing where he was suspended from a wire above the crowd. but they were uncool before that too, i just don't care to thik of it.
sambora is a good guitarist. but there are plenty of great guitarists who have made shite music.

Board footer