You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Guns N'Roses to play Rock in Rio

jamester wrote:

Nice dream set JR I would fly in to see it !

http://www.rockinrio.com.br/guns-n-rose … nfirmados/
translate_logo.gif
rockinrio.png

Guns n 'Roses is the star of the Oct. 2. Pitty Frejat and are also confirmed

A love story that began at Rock in Rio II in 1991, went through another presentation at the festival in Brazil in 2001 and crossed an ocean to the event in Lisbon in 2006. Responding to requests from the public (only in the poll held on the official website of the festival, more than 450 000 votes, and several other campaigns quickly embraced by many people - among them members of the band itself). The mobilization took over the twitter and youtube, invaded the comment boxes of the official website and other publications, mostly made ​​by fans for mobilization in this issue. Now, the organization announces one of the most acclaimed groups of rock history and 26 years of the festival: Guns N 'Roses is back on the Rock in Rio and will headline the World Stage on Oct. 2.

The fans said the event organizers and sign below: Rock in Rio is not without Guns Rock in Rio!
GNR_2010b-767x1024.jpg
The rocker will Bahia Pitty the show's opening night on October 2, showing why is one of the singers who has sold more CDs in the 2000s. In seven-year career, which included Pitty toured countries like Portugal and Japan, has sold more than 1.5 million copies and have won a record 51 awards won. This will be the second time the rocker touches to the event: the first was at Rock in Rio 2006 in Lisbon, when he opened the show with Roger Waters and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
pitty-e1300506542840.jpg
Another name is announced at the same time the rocker Frejat, who returns to perform at Rock in Rio on Oct. 1, but for the first time in his solo career. In two previous appearances at the festival, he performed with the Red Baron, the first being alongside Cazuza, in 1985 and second in 2001, already a leader of the band. For the Rock in Rio 2011, promises Frejat mix new and old hits, recalling the best moments of his career.
Frejat_small3-e1300660375901.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

http://www.rockinrio.com.br/english/

11 DE fevereiro DE 2011
Twitter Facebook
Everything you need to know about Rock in Rio (for English speakers)

In over 26 years of history Rock in Rio has brought together more than 5 million people who have seen 656 live bands. It was more than 780 hours of music, broadcasted to over 1 billion viewers, in 80 countries.

For the past 10 years, the social project “Por Um Mundo Melhor” (For A Better World) has taken the responsibility to be a prominent communication vehicle for social and environmental causes. Among the actions involved, 40 thousand trees were planted, a school in Tanzania was built and over 3,200 kids graduated High School in Rio de Janeiro.

Date

The Rock in Rio 2011 festival will take place over six days in September and October 2011: 23rd, 24th and 25th of September (Friday, Saturday and Sunday); and 30th of September, 1st and 2nd of October (Friday, Saturday And Sunday).

Location and Venue

The festival takes place at Cidade do Rock (City of Rock), located at Av. Salvador Allende, s/n, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Cidade do Rock (map)
The Cidade do Rock spreads over 150.000 square meters (180.000 square yards) of green area, bordered by a natural lagoon.

Stages
- Palco Mundo (Mundo Stage)
- Palco Sunset (Sunset Stage, with duets and jam sessions)
- Tenda Eletrônica (Electronic area)
- Rock Street (inspired by New Orleans)

Other Attractions:
- Roda Gigante (Ferris wheel)
- Tirolesa (zip-line)
- Free Fall

Tickets

Regular tickets will be sold soon at registered venues for R$190,00 (equivalent today US$ 114). International sales will be possible online through international credit cards. One does not have to be a citizen or a resident of Brazil. There will be international shipping and handling.

Line-up
Note: The full line-up is not yet confirmed.

23/Sep
Elton John
Katy Perry
Rihanna
Claudia Leitte
Opening Ceremony

24/Sep
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Snow Patrol
Capital Inicial
Stone Sour
NXZero

25/Sep
Metallica
Slipknot
Motörhead
Coheed and Cambria
Sepultura
Angra

30/Sep
Line Up to be announced

1/Oct
Coldplay
Skank
Bands to be announced

2/Oct
Bands to be announced (GnR)

johndivney wrote:

23 & 25 are p great line-ups. well not katy perry. but elton & rihanna is awesome.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

stone sour and slipknot are playing?   wow....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That Sep. 25th show fucking rules!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

2011:

Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
new song--rocker
alternate--Don't Cry (as in not every day, not alt. lyrics)
Civil War
new song--ballad
Double Talkin' Jive
Sweet Child O' Mine
alternate--The Garden
Yesterdays
Dead Horse
November Rain
cover song--"Sympathy For The Devil"
You Could Be Mine
new song--ballad
Nightrain

Encore:

alternate--Perfect Crime
new song--rocker
Tommy alternate--"You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" (w/ Tommy on lead) / other days "One Man Mutiny" (w/ Tommy feat. Richard & Dizzy)
Estranged
Paradise City

I'd be in the front of the line for that show.

Little I don't agree with, but he loose some of those Illusion things and keep some Chinese stuff there in return. We don't need Sympathy for the devil at all...just do This I Love or or something...whatever..just keep 2-3 Chinese.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester

jamester wrote:

Sydney 02 in 2011 3 nights Pro Shot!

Night one: AFD- With covers
Night two: UYI
Night three: CD- With covers

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's a GREAT shot of Axl on the front page.

Good for the Brazilian fans... even if I did kind of snap at them for being fanboys, for whatever reason. 14

I have my Axlisms too

Just an FYI, that GREAT pic of Axl was apparently taken by Jarmo.  At least that's my understanding for Fernando thanking Jarmo for allowing them to use the picture.  I know people love to dump on Jarmo and ask what the hell he does.  Well, he took that picture, among many other great ones on the last tour.  So that's something.  Just giving credit where credit is due.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

They really need to do more from the UYI's when they tour again. And it would be good if they rotated songs in and out of the set from night to night. Like they could do one cover and switch between Live and Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Sympathy for the Devil, Down On The Farm, or Since I Don't Have You. Civil War, Don't Cry, November Rain, and Estranged should be played at every show, and then another one or two of the other UYI tracks should be played every night. 

And limit the AFD songs to Jungle, It' So Easy, Paradise City and Sweet Child Of Mine and then maybe rotate one or two of the other songs in every night.

Plus four or five from CD - there weren't any clear hits so they can change them around ever night. And two or three new tracks, too!

Board footer