You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: WHITESNAKE: 'Love Will Set You Free' Video Released - Feb. 14, 2011

Axlin16 wrote:

Seriously? I GOT to listen to this TODAY.

Lomax wrote:

I'll pm you

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Thanks a ton man

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

Eddie trunk had him on last night from Q104 was a good interview. The new songs were good also. Not quite Old school but sounds a bit like hay-day B sides to me. That guy is 60 now...and stil has the voice!

jamester

jamester wrote:

WHITESNAKE Frontman Talks 'Forevermore' In New Video Interview - Mar. 25, 2011
A four-minute video clip in which WHITESNAKE mainman David Coverdale talks about the songs that make up the band's new album, "Forevermore", can be viewed below.

"Forevermore", due out in North America on March 29 via Frontiers Records, is set for release in four different configurations.

"Forevermore" will be available as:

* a single CD
* a CD+DVD combo: the DVD features the "Love Will Set You Free" video, the making of "Love Will Set You Free" video, as well as a behind-the-scenes documentary on the recording of "Forevermore"; the CD includes three bonus tracks: "Love Will Set You Free" (alternate mix), "My Evil Ways" (alternate mix with drum solo) and "Forevermore" (acoustic version)
* a double-LP vinyl edition
* a special edition box set which includes the CD, DVD, LPs, as well as a cover litho, a poster and a logo sticker.

The digital album is available for pre-order now via Whitesnake.com and includes an instant track download of "Love Will Set You Free". Pre-order of the album is also available at all digital stores now, with Amazon digital stores offering "My Evil Ways" (alternate mix with drum solo) as a bonus track; while the iTunes LP edition features the "Love Will Set You Free" (alternate mix) and "Forevermore" (acoustic version) as bonus tracks.

Audio samples of all the tracks that will appear on "Forevermore" are available for streaming at Amazon.com.

"Forevermore" finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock n' roll roots. The CD was recorded, produced and mixed by Los Bros Brutalos (Coverdale, guitarist Doug Aldrich and Michael McIntyre).

"Forevermore" track listing:

01. Steal Your Heart Away
02. All Out Of Luck
03. Love Will Set You Free
04. Easier Said Than Done
05. Tell Me How
06. I Need You (Shine A Light)
07. One Of These Days
08. Love And Treat Me Right
09. Dogs In The Street
10. Fare Thee Well
11. Whipping Boy Blues
12. My Evil Ways
13. Forevermore

Coverdale will take part in a signing session on Tuesday, March 29 at 6 p.m. at Vintage Vinyl in Fords, New Jersey. Pre-order the new WHITESNAKE album, "Forevermore", from the store to receive a wristband that will grant you access to the event.

For more information, visit www.vvinyl.com.

jamester

jamester wrote:

^^^ I dig the vocals in that video. He has gained some rasp in his old age big_smile

EddieTrunk

Listening to new Whitesnake before I go to gym an about 4 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
jamester wrote:

Eddie trunk had him on last night from Q104 was a good interview. The new songs were good also. Not quite Old school but sounds a bit like hay-day B sides to me. That guy is 60 now...and stil has the voice!

I haven't given it an in-depth listen yet, but from what I heard so far it sounds more like hey-day WS. I'm not really hearing the bluesy Zeppelin-influence like was in the earlier WS records.

If anyone was familiar with Doug Aldrich's work in Bad Moon Rising, specifically their first self-titled album - i'm hearing ALOT of that same hard rock sound in this newest WS album.

And just fyi, "Forevermore" the song, is not a B-side on any level. Total 7-minute epic.

jamester

jamester wrote:

WHITESNAKE: 'Live At Donington 1990' DVD, CD Due In June - Mar. 29, 2011
The fans demanded it… WHITESNAKE's "Live At Donington 1990" DVD/live double CD set will now be available on June 3 in Europe and June 7 in North America via Frontiers Records. Since the inception of Whitesnake.com more than ten years ago, this DVD has been the most requested product from fans of the 'SNAKE.

On August 18, 1990, WHITESNAKE headlined the legendary Monsters Of Rock at Castle Donington festival (now known as Download). WHITESNAKE's performance at the festival was one of the most memorable events on the "Liquor & Poker World Tour" that saw the band play sold-out shows to over one million people. This incredible, never-before-seen, visual footage captures one of the most musically intense WHITESNAKE lineups performing in front of more than 70,000 fans. Mixed in glorious 5.1 and living, breathing stereo, it's the next best thing to actually being there! WHITESNAKE 1990 featured guitar greats Steve Vai and Adrian Vandenberg, bassist Rudy Sarzo, drummer Tommy Aldridge and, of course, incomparable frontman David Coverdale.

The "Live At Donington" 1990 DVD also includes a substantial gallery of never before seen stills of the band on the "Liquor & Poker World Tour 1990", plus an intimate behind-the-scenes documentary of the making-of the "Slip Of The Tongue" album.

The "Live At Donington 1990" will be available in 2CD set, DVD coverpack, combo 2CD + DVD in digipak and digital edition.

In other news, WHITESNAKE's brand new album, "Forevermore", is out this week on Frontiers Records and is available in multiple configurations. The album is already receiving rave reviews from the press with The Aquarian dubbing it, "excellent…their bluesiest and grittiest release since their 1984 masterpiece 'Slide It In'…", while Hard Rock Hideout declares, "Make no mistake, 'Forevermore', is an early front runner for record of the year." "Forevermore" finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock' n' roll roots.

WHITESNAKE is David Coverdale (vocals), Doug Aldrich (guitars), Reb Beach (guitars), Michael Devin (bass) and Brian Tichy (drums).

"Live At Donington 1990" DVD track listing:

01. Slip Of The Tongue
02. Slide It In
03. Judgement Day
04. Slow An Easy
05. Kitten's Got Claws
06. Adagio For Strato
07. Flying Dutchman Boogie
08. Is This Love
09. Cheap An' Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)
11. Fool For Your Loving
12. For The Love Of God
13. The Audience Is Listening
14. Here I Go Again
15. Bad Boys
16. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
17. Still Of The Night
18. Bonus content: The Making of Slip of the Tongue; Slide Show

"Live At Donington 1990" CD 1 track listing:

01. Slip Of The Tongue
02. Slide It In
03. Judgement Day
04. Slow An Easy
05. Kitten's Got Claws
06. Adagio For Strato
07. Flying Dutchman Boogie
08. Is This Love
09. Cheap An' Nasty
10. Crying In The Rain (featuring Tommy Aldridge drum solo)

"Live At Donington 1990" CD 2 track listing:

01. Fool For Your Loving
02. For The Love Of God
03. The Audience Is Listening
04. Here I Go Again
05. Bad Boys
06. Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City
07. Still Of The Night
white1990cd.jpg
white1990dvd.jpg

jamester

jamester wrote:

WHITESNAKE: Entire New Album Available For Streaming - Mar. 29, 2011
WHITESNAKE's new album, "Forevermore", can be streamed in its entirety at AOL Music.
http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/22

The effort, which comes out in North America today (Tuesday, March 29) via Frontiers Records, is being made available in four different configurations.

"Forevermore" is available as:

* a single CD
* a CD+DVD combo: the DVD features the "Love Will Set You Free" video, the making of "Love Will Set You Free" video, as well as a behind-the-scenes documentary on the recording of "Forevermore"; the CD includes three bonus tracks: "Love Will Set You Free" (alternate mix), "My Evil Ways" (alternate mix with drum solo) and "Forevermore" (acoustic version)
* a double-LP vinyl edition
* a special edition box set which includes the CD, DVD, LPs, as well as a cover litho, a poster and a logo sticker.

"Forevermore" finds founder/singer/songwriter David Coverdale and company returning to their no-holds-barred, bluesiest, sexiest rock n' roll roots. The CD was recorded, produced and mixed by Los Bros Brutalos (Coverdale, guitarist Doug Aldrich and Michael McIntyre).

jamester

jamester wrote:

DAVID COVERDALE: 'I've Never Compromised WHITESNAKE With Questionable Elements' - Mar. 30, 2011
Jesse Capps of RockConfidential.com recently conducted an interview with WHITESNAKE mainman David Coverdale. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

RockConfidential.com: You've always maintained the signature WHITESNAKE sound but the group of guys you're working with now have really stepped things up a notch.

Coverdale: Exactly. I've told people for years when they ask, "What do you look for in a musician that you invite into WHITESNAKE?" My first, primary answer is always the same. Can this guy help me take WHITESNAKE to the next level? Thank you for noticing, Jesse. We've baked a fucking great cake I think. (laughs) We've got all the measures of the ingredients just right. Everyone that's logged onto the website and heard samples all seem to have different favorite songs. It's fantastic! It's very cool right now, after working on this project for 12 months, to have people embrace it so positively. Doug [Aldrich, guitar] and I communicate almost daily. We're so surprised. For a period of time the first song people were going on about was "Steal Your Heart Away". Doug was really concerned. I wanted to open the album with it, solely because I think it's a great transition song from very early WHITESNAKE. That song could've easily been on one of the early WHITESNAKE albums.

RockConfidential.com: Let's go back one album to "Good To Be Bad". That album was primarily Doug and yourself. How did the vibe change when it was time to work on "Forevermore"?

Coverdale: I think we were confident enough with the success of "Good To Be Bad" to throw away any insecurities about letting go. Regardless of the collective experience under our belt, you still have … we didn't know how "Good To Be Bad" would be received. It was like the first WHITESNAKE studio album in 11 years. It was embraced incredibly well, as was Doug's and my songwriting. It tied in all the elements of WHITESNAKE that we enjoyed. We make music primarily that we want to do. As much as I listen to jazz and classical music at home, these are not elements that I want to perform as a rock singer or as WHITESNAKE. I've never compromised WHITESNAKE with questionable elements. The circumstance is that this was much more of a band project. [Brian] Tichy is a guitarist as well as drummer so he wants in. He wants to be involved and hear where things are going. What's fascinating is he emailed me the other day — and for such an exciting, fiery drummer — his current favorite tracks are "Easier Said Than Done" and "Fare Thee Well". Two of the "not" rockers! That's cool. That's testament to the fact that he's not just a thunder and lightning guy. The big bonus is, not only do you enjoy this stuff, but the hardcore audience … I've got a very successful, interactive audience at Whitesnake.com. The people that have heard the album samples are profuse in their appreciation. It's a continual of all the elements they enjoy with WHITESNAKE. I think Doug and I pulled it out of the bag this time.

RockConfidential.com: How did the Internet play into working on material for "Forevermore"?

Coverdale: It's very funny you say that, Jesse. Our families get on great as people. Sitting down and composing is a great pleasure for us. But, we've composed over the phone, through email, and through video conferencing. It's fucking hilarious. All bets are off! Before I would go off with my partners and spend maybe six weeks writing in some foreign climate. I wrote "Good To Be Bad" when I was living in England in Beverly Hills. "Ready An' Willing" was mostly in a place called British Honduras. The '87 album was in the south of France. "Forevermore" was mostly written in Lake Tahoe. We really utilize every device. One of the reasons we can exist in this very unusual, unstable musical climate, is the fact that they have developed such incredible technology. We use Pro Tools. From "Good To Be Bad" we've upgraded the studio to Pro Tools HD. We've also added a 5.1 system to our studio. I took it out of the house this time because my studio wasn't big enough to hold the 5.1 structure. We rented a couple of houses in the village and the WHITESNAKE music factory went into overdrive. When you're not in a traditional studio you're not looking at the clock thinking, "There goes another $1800.00 today." We worked with our time frame. If we got tired, we stopped. It's not structured the way it was in the old days. That is remarkably liberating to be in that kind of creative process. When I made the deal with the record company I refused to cut my balls off in terms of delivery time. I left it wide open so we would have time to be able to step back and be happy with what we were creating. More people know about this album than any other WHITESNAKE release before because of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube. It's astonishing the tools you have nowadays. The most hardcore, loyal fans are not swayed by fashion or whatever. If they like it they like it. They also want the hard copy of the CD in their hand rather than the download or by bit torrent. When we released the "Love Will Set You Free" video on Valentine's Day, we had 750,000 hits, Jesse. It was astonishing. That's like MTV in its heyday.

Read the entire interview at RockConfidential.com.
coverdalepromo.jpg

Board footer