You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: New Info regarding CD

James wrote:

Also, there were alot of people in their 30's and 40's that liked GNR in their heyday. They were one of the few bands that literally had fans across all demographics. I would assume at least a small percentage of those would be willing to give this record a chance.

AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Jarmo's reason for not keeping the story on HTGTH

"The information itself is nothing new, the magazine's name is just different.

Classic Rock reaches a new low in their eternal quest of publishing GN'R news...."

Make of it what you will.

If it's true, why take it down...? There was nothing negative about it.

If GNR don't want us to know that whether what they say is true or not, but don't want us to know, then.... What?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

Neemo, well, I'm 41 so I have an idea as to what the older demographic thinks. 22 My friends still like to rock and we are corporate dorks.

i'm 33 this year and my Parents and inlaws are in their 50's and i'm telling you there is no way they would buy gnr... at best its a guilty pleasure to listen to their kid's tunes when drinking but thats like the old tunes PC and WTTJ and SCOM and maybe NR thats about the extent of it...the rest is "screaming nut music" (haha thats what my stepdad used to call GnR) to them..and My MIL is even a big fan of zepplin and clapton and hendrix...but GnR is just past that era

I'm not saying that there wont be older fans that listen to new GnR material but they will be the exception more than the norm...IMO anyway

Sky Dog wrote:

James, that was the great thing about the band, they had a young crowd plus the grabbed the classic rock crowd. Axl is probably trying to do it again but it is obviously much harder when you are 45 and your band members are late 30's early 40's. I don't know if he can do the young thing and you don't want to exclude the old crowd who is accustomed to buying cd's.

Neemo, I agree...the 50 crowd won't be there but my age could be. Anything Axl's age and under is fair game.

AtariLegend wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know if he can do the young thing and you don't want to exclude the old crowd who is accustomed to buying cd's.

He can do it in the same way that "Led Zeppelin" and "Black Sabbath" can, except that he's going to get tracks played on TV/Radio.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Jarmo's reason for not keeping the story on HTGTH

"The information itself is nothing new, the magazine's name is just different.

Classic Rock reaches a new low in their eternal quest of publishing GN'R news...."

Make of it what you will.

If it's true, why take it down...? There was nothing negative about it.

If GNR don't want us to know that whether what they say is true or not, but don't want us to know, then.... What?

I think this has been a convenient way to throw the fans a bone to chew on regarding where things may be at.  By taking it down and implying that Classic Rock were just scraping the bottom of the barrel for an article and making things up - means you never have to be held accountable to the statment.

It's the perfect situation - it gets a slither of info out to plactate the fans for the year and you don't have to be held accountable when it doesn't happen (ala the March release date).

On a seperate note - I think the older GN'R fan - say up to mid 40's could be what saves them, at least from an album sales point of view.  This demographic is more likely to have the cash than say the 15-30's plus they are more likely to buy the album through the traditional method.  For this reason I would say we will definitely see the CD released in a traditional method of some description.  But, I also think they will try for the younger demographic with some sort of online/downloading format.  How they do this will be the critical thing, there has got to be something smarter than the methods used recently by other bands such as $1 per song or $5 for the whole album or something. 

If all you get for your $5 or $10 is a downloaded form of the album - unfortuantely people will download it from a torrent instead.  You have got to come up with something more for this market - unfortunately I'm not sure what.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Well at least this is something... hmm.

At least for the most part we can agree "it MIGHT be done." lol.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

It's probably not on HTGTH because I doubt even Beta likes Jarmo. Wasn't he somewhat responsible for the some of the leaks? Maybe he's in the doghouse a little?

Anyway, I suppose it's good news. Anyone get Classic Rock? If so please post scans asap!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

It's probably not on HTGTH because I doubt even Beta likes Jarmo. Wasn't he somewhat responsible for the some of the leaks? Maybe he's in the doghouse a little?

Anyway, I suppose it's good news. Anyone get Classic Rock? If so please post scans asap!

The full article is not out until 4th Feb.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bucketfoot wrote:

no...Jarmo knew the songs were out there maybe even had some or all of them before they were public knowledge, but he never has condoned or allowed leaks on his site nor did even allow discussions about them at first...he tried his hardest to keep it all under wraps but too many people were frequenting HTGTH at all hours for it to remain a secret

Board footer