You are not logged in. Please register or login.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Agrees To Pay Fine If It Hits Stage Late At ROCK IN RIO

skippy wrote:

I would think the venue would like it...

When I used to work baseball, management used to love rain delays when you knew you were going to get to play again...

People sitting around with nothing to do but spend money.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Being late is lame, show up on time and play your gig.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
skippy wrote:

I would think the venue would like it...

When I used to work baseball, management used to love rain delays when you knew you were going to get to play again...

People sitting around with nothing to do but spend money.

Don't give Selig any ideas. He'll create a 'Cloud Delay'.

AnitaW17
 Rep: 1 

AnitaW17 wrote:

Think we have all had to wait for Axl on stage. Not been to a concert yet, which has started on time. Its half expected when seeing them. But when they do come on stage...it was worth waiting for. GN'R Rule smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It doesn't always happen...last time GNR played in melbourne the first night they were on stage pretty much dead at the advertised time, the very next night they were around 2 hours behind schedule.

But I agree at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

To me it's just the price of admission. I know they'll deliver a hell of a show...but going in I keep in mind that it's likely there will be some waiting involved....once you expect to wait it's not really a drama, shock or problem. When you get a show where you don't have to wait it's kinda a bonus.

In an ideal world it wouldn't happen....but we don't live in that world...so it is what it is.

I also see it as stupid that they put a financial incentive on him to come on time. As if that will make a fucking difference.

I'd venture it costs them money EVERY time the show runs late - be it crew costs, fines and whatever else. Every time it happens it pisses off fans, managment, promoters, crew, probably some band members and so on.....yet it keeps happening....that should tell us one thing....it's not a logical choice.....it's not something that anyone decides to do out of reason or logic....it's something that happens because it's necessary mentally I'd guess.

It's like murder. You can make murder a logical crime but it's not. Sometimes you can rationally decide to kill a dude or not, but if you get wild angry or whatever you might just do it and consequences be damned.

Axl is clearly an intelligemnt man, so rationally I'm sure he realises everything would run smoother for the business side if he was always on time, yet he doesn't do it, which tells me for whatever reason - he has his reason to do it - or pretty much that he can't always be on time for some reason - I'd guess that he just can't always get himself into a peformance zone on demand....and I can respect that. It's one of those frustrating things that just is what it is.

johndivney wrote:

yea dublin '06 axl was on stage @ 8pm sharp. i missed first 4 songs cause of not expecting him til later. you just cant win. out of five or six times seeing them that's been the only occasion he wasn't at least an hour late in starting.

Board footer