You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Bad City

Axlin16 wrote:

The 80's are back, and these guys are totally not ashamed of it.

Total throwback... and whoever the chick in this is - is fuckin' smokin' beyond all belief.

I like it 9

[youtube]rEYhapqsb3I&NR=1&feature=fvwp[/youtube]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Apparently these guys opened for Slash on his west U.S. and Canada dates. I was totally unaware. They also toured with Smashing Pumpkins.

I'm currently listening to their debut album "Welcome To The Wasteland"... anybody that loves 70's, 80's, and even early 90's rock - it's all there. Totally solid debut from top-to-bottom.

I'm hearing all kinds of great stuff, and they seem to really pay homage to 80's KISS and 80's Queen, as well as the ballad-bands of the 1989/90 time, i'm also hearing some Faster Pussycat and Ratt in there too.

Think all of that with a more modernized pop-radio ready slickness.

I know we got some hardcore rockers around here that aren't into glam, but this stuff is pretty tight.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Believe it or not the entire album is available for streaming on their YouTube channel.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Listened to the whole album... it might be the best rock album of 2010. They're not like Guns N' Roses, but similar to what GN'R did, combining all of their favorite bands and inspirations into one original sound...

Is kind of like what Bad City did with their debut. It's just their inspiration was the the glam/sleaze bands from the late 80's. They combined all of these different aspects from that era of music into one original sound.

I haven't heard anything quite like Bad City on the radio. It's definitely not post-grunge, but at the same time it's not Disney-pop. It's it's own thing.

Lomax wrote:

When I read the thread title I thought, oh great.... 80s knock offs, but yah I like that a lot

Well gents, it seems like our time has come once again:

More awesome than a bag of tits

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's what I like about these guys. They pay homage to the 80's bands, but they have their own personal sound. There are TONS of knock offs out there, but these are the first guys i've heard that used those inspirations and adapted them into a unique sound. There's nothing out there that's precisely like Bad City.

This song hear is one of my absolute favorites on their debut album...

So good it's sick

Lomax wrote:

Good friken shit. This is an album I'll part with cold hard cash for

Board footer