You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Great Wall Rocks - a dvd for fans, by fans LOOKS GREAT!!

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yeah, because god fuckin' forbid the unemployed people living in Axl's house learn how to do it.

BOOM, 3 points, off the rim, ballgame.

LOL

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

How did I miss this? Looks fucking awesome...I hope it's released other than on youtube - like an HD torrent or something!

Does make me long for a proshot video too....I'd love a video like the tokyo video except with the new songs.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

How did I miss this? Looks fucking awesome...I hope it's released other than on youtube - like an HD torrent or something!

Does make me long for a proshot video too....I'd love a video like the tokyo video except with the new songs.

It's my understanding that the finished full "Live DVD" will be shared via torrents! 
smile

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Excellent thanks!

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

There is a little update from niko over @ mygnr.com regarding the project:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 943&st=120

"hey man sorry for the delay on answering,im glad to say the project is very near completion!!!, im gonna be uploading some screenshots this weekend so you can take a look at the menu and the overall design of this dvd thingy

The live dvd its 80% done, we just need to do some mastering to the audio source, and to announce the release date, we are also thinking to make a website or something like that, because we are loving the concept of this live dvd (the filmed and edited by fans idea, and seeing GNR from the fan that attended the concert point of view) , and also to make it easier for everyone to download this baby

The documentary (for the ones that didnt know, we are working on a 10-minute doc, about the last CD world tour, to release with the live dvd) is a little bit more delayed because we are trying to finish first the live dvd which is the main idea, and the concept of making a documentary from fans footage its a lot more complex, and also we are trying to include some sort of surprise on it, but cant tell until its confirmed

thanks for asking and keeping attention to the project  !!

PS: since i have this on my desktop, here is some "in the works" screenshots from Live and Let Die, so u can have an idea of the image/color concept behind the dvd

http://twitpic.com/5d42r5 (the quality of the image was compressed by twitpic and it kinda sucks haha)"

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Thx for the update.

I knew that audio was gonna hold them up. The teasers were atrocious.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:

Sorry to bump this thread every other month. But there's some news on the project.

Seems like it's DONE! (more or less...) 

Update from Niko @ mygnr.com:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … 943&st=165

"sorry for the delay on answering this, been recording and working on some records, and the hours spent to the project needed to decrease..

anyway im more than happy to announce that ITS DONE! the live DVD is finally done

will take 2/3 weeks more, to send all the messages to the youtube accounts for the "thank you" list, talk to some admins from other forums that PMed me to help to spread the project, and build a blog or something like that

to post the project and upload to your favourite torrents

anyway, this couple of weeks ahead, are needed to have all the "thank you's" in order, and to try to make a big deal of this, so whoever wants to help the credit list at the end of the DVD will be open for the next 2 weeks

probably gonna upload some final trailer to announce the definitive date in a week or two, (didnt make it the last time, cause i was working at full, and dedicating time to that would be a loss of time to finish the whole DVD)

for those who are still interested on this live DVD, this is the set list (probably not the final order) !!

-Chinese Democracy
-Welcome To The Jungle
-Its So Easy
-Mr Brownstone
-Live And Let Die
-Fortus Solo
-This I Love
-Better
-Sorry
-Rocket Queen
-Street of Dreams
-Ashba Solo
-Sweet Child
-Axl Solo The Wall
-November Rain
-Bumblefoot Solo
-You Could Be Mine
-Knocking on Heavens Door
-Patience
-Nightrain
-Dont Cry
-Paradise City "

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Awesome....looking forward to this smile

Board footer