You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Alternate artwork (NEW scans inside!)

DCK wrote:

It might be a regional thing but if you say the world Guns N Roses here people respond with either Axl or Slash.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Everywhere in the world people respond with Axl & Slash. Because they will always been seen as GN'R.

And that's the way it should be, until otherwise, unless Axl starts pushing the new band more.

I know people who are actual GN'R fans, who have AFD, Lies, UYI I & II, TSI and GH, and know the deep cuts on those albums, and have no earthly clue that GN'R performed past the Sympathy cover.

DCK

DCK wrote:

But then in my book they are just casual "mellow" fans with an interest in that music (this makes up like 50% of the concert goes perhaps?). I got into GNR again in 97..I bought AFD, UYI..and had no clue about anything at all. It took me three days before I knew Robin Finck was in the band and that there was something called a new album, 2000 Intentions or Chinese Democracy or whatever it was called. Three fucking days.

It's just not an excuse if you really ARE interested.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

^ Exactly.

Thing is, some people get into the music, without exploring the drama of who's in or who's out of whatever band they follow, yet they can still be a big fan, at least in their own eyes they are.

I'm a music nut, so with any band I get into, I try to find out as much as possible about the band, and that's pretty easy to do with the info we get on the net. But not everyone does that.

DCK

DCK wrote:

You're not a fan if you don't even Google their name online. Or "Yahooed it" as I did in 1997.

Then you're a casual follower who happens to like the melody to Paradise City.

If that's what "big fan" is, then I give up.

Lomax wrote:

yeah and real GNR fans have bigger dicks than casual fans

DCK

DCK wrote:
Riad wrote:

yeah and real GNR fans have bigger dicks than casual fans

If you have nothing but that to add to the discussion, my suggestion to you is to simply keep quiet.

Lomax wrote:

Funnily enough it's the exact same as what you added, just less passive aggression.

And now back on topic.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

there are quite a few bands i could name, that i`d call myself a fan of, but the only band i`m really following on the net is gnr. i also don`t know every band member by name, i`m focusing on the music.. with gnr, it`s just all the drama and stuff which really makes it interesting to go further than that. i think you can say what you want, but axl is really one of the last real rockstars left.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer