You are not logged in. Please register or login.

The Cusack
 Rep: 1 

Re: NEW MEMBERS introduce yourself here

The Cusack wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
The Cusack wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

are there really 2 L.A. Guns right now?

After Tracii Guns left LA Guns to pursue Brides Of Destruction he gave his blessing to the remaining members of LA Guns to carry on without him and they did.  Phil Lewis, Steve Riley and Adam Hamilton brought in a lot of fill in guitarists to gig with until they hired Stacey Blades to record with.  After two great albums, Hamilton left and they hired Scott Griffin to replace him last year.  I've seen the latest incarnation of that band twice and it's the best live version yet IMO.

Last year Tracii decided to put together a second version of the band with "original" members Paul Black and Nicky Alexander to celebrate it's 20th anniversary and has continued to tour (pretty successfully) with his version of the band.  I have yet to see them live but from what I've heard from other people and seen on YouTube it's a mixed bag of good and not so good.  Nonetheless I'd definitely pay to see them live if they ever come close to Charlotte.

Charlotte NC?  I lived in Rock Hill, South Carolina breifly and lived on the coast in a town called Manteo (near Nags Head).

Yep.  I'm familar with Manteo too but I haven't been to the NC coast in 20 years now.  I definitely miss it.

BTW I started an LA Guns thread in the "There Was A Time" section so as to not jack this thread.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

welcome cusack 5

did you used to post @ htgth too? i seem to remeber a user named Q there a few years ago hmm

The Cusack

The Cusack wrote:
Neemo wrote:

welcome cusack 5

did you used to post @ htgth too? i seem to remeber a user named Q there a few years ago hmm

Nah that must have been somebody else.  The Q nickname is just a phoenetic abbreviation of Cusack. 

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
The Cusack wrote:
Neemo wrote:

welcome cusack 5

Nah that must have been somebody else.  The Q nickname is just a phoenetic abbreviation of Cusack. 

yeah i think he was Q after the Star Trek dude 16

The Cusack

The Cusack wrote:
Neemo wrote:
The Cusack wrote:
Neemo wrote:

welcome cusack 5

yeah i think he was Q after the Star Trek dude 16

Ok, you know I remember seeing that guy either on the htgth board or somewhere else.  I never posted there but I've read their forum in the past and I sort of remember that guy now that you mention it.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

Hi everybody, not my first post but figured I should do the whole "formal introduction" thing.  I only heard of this place over the past couple days, and thought I would check it out.  When I got here I was very impressed with the layout and professional feel of the place, and skimming the boards it doesn't seem to be as troll heavy or rambunctious as some of the other GNR message boards.

Glad to be here, and who knows, this place may become my #1 GNR site.  It definitely has the potential.  smile

BTW, If anyone frequents mygnr, I go by Mav23 over there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Welcome to the forum.:beer:

Yeah, I recognize the name. I go to mygnr off and on, but don't post much.

group.gif

Nice to see you here Maverick!   Out of curiosity how did you hear about us?

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

Thanks guys.

I heard about it with people at mygnr talking about the Beta/Classic Rock thing.  And talking with GNR 1991 over X-Box Live.  I originally thought the site was called "GNR Revolution" and kept trying to type that in and being confused as to why I couldn't find it.  :-P

Then GNR 1991 told me it was actually "GNR Evolution" and laughed at my retardation.  But I'm glad I found the place.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

welcome man!

Board footer