You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Guitarist DJ ASHBA: I Have No Reason To Kiss Axl Rose's Ass

Intercourse wrote:

I think what irritated me was this 'three albums' story being trotted out again.
Baz peddled that one to death.
DJ will learn about the dangers of talking about Axl in the press, just like Slash, Duff, Tommy, Izzy, Bumble Robun and Mick Wall did!!!

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

GOOD BOY! I knew he had it in him.

That's how you do it. That's all I was asking.

Agree. The sum of it is all what we expected.

Funny that while Axl is constatly referring to it as a 'band' and how the 'band decides', DJ clearly says that it's all up to Axl. Nobody's shocked though.

Overstating your point as usual. Axl doesn't "constantly" do anything. I can't remember the last time I heard him speak.....much less get in to enough specifics as to define what he considers "a band"....always looking at the negative....you are just as uninspired as the thing you complain about all the time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

GOOD BOY! I knew he had it in him.

That's how you do it. That's all I was asking.

Agree. The sum of it is all what we expected.

Funny that while Axl is constatly referring to it as a 'band' and how the 'band decides', DJ clearly says that it's all up to Axl. Nobody's shocked though.

Overstating your point as usual. Axl doesn't "constantly" do anything. I can't remember the last time I heard him speak.....much less get in to enough specifics as to define what he considers "a band"....always looking at the negative....you are just as uninspired as the thing you complain about all the time.

If you don't have anything to add to the topic, then please don't sink to the level of personal insults! 22

Lomax wrote:

I'll gut the insults from Madagas' statement and provide you with the addition to the topic that you ignored.

Overstating the point. Axl doesn't constantly do anything. I can't remember the last time I heard him speak.....much less get in to enough specifics as to define what he considers "a band"....

You've just made some stuff up and attributed to him then criticized that picture you painted of him

In reality your statement added nothing to the topic.
Madagas' simply pointed that out. We're not kids I think we can all weather a few personal jabs, especially where they are justified.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

As much as I get on DJ, that was a pretty good interview. Maybe he'll settle down like others have in the past.

On the other hand, I lean towards believing the "3 albums" hype. There are too many people that have said it for it to be made up. The only reason Axl's backed off it is because he's either lost the will or the confidence to commit to anything anymore.

Sky Dog wrote:

meh...I was just a bit cranky this morning...jabbing at Mikka. Didn't mean to insult. He's a good guy. We like to go at it from time to time.

As for DJ......diarrhea of the mouth. big_smile

Sky Dog wrote:
smoke wrote:

As much as I get on DJ, that was a pretty good interview. Maybe he'll settle down like others have in the past.

On the other hand, I lean towards believing the "3 albums" hype. There are too many people that have said it for it to be made up. The only reason Axl's backed off it is because he's either lost the will or the confidence to commit to anything anymore.

yep...sucks for us because you know it is there. sad

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Riad wrote:

I'll gut the insults from Madagas' statement and provide you with the addition to the topic that you ignored.

Overstating the point. Axl doesn't constantly do anything. I can't remember the last time I heard him speak.....much less get in to enough specifics as to define what he considers "a band"....

You've just made some stuff up and attributed to him then criticized that picture you painted of him

In reality your statement added nothing to the topic.
Madagas' simply pointed that out. We're not kids I think we can all weather a few personal jabs, especially where they are justified.

I can't believe that you don't understand it.

Constantly = every time Axl talks about the 'band' theme.

DJ: Axl decides. Axl: we, Guns N' Roses decide. I see there is some contradiction. A lot. So I was very ontopic.

I made my point.

Was it hard to understand?

I hope the answer is no.

madagas wrote:

meh...I was just a bit cranky this morning...jabbing at Mikka. Didn't mean to insult. He's a good guy. We like to go at it from time to time.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

DJ: Axl decides. Axl: we, Guns N' Roses decide. I see there is some contradiction. A lot.

Let's be fair though.

If DJ said "When we decide to do this, I want to do that, we're going to"...then i'm pretty sure there would be posts here along the lines of "YOU do what Axl says, you're a paid employee with no power, don't pretend like it's really a normal band and a group decision when it's just up to Axl".

That DJ is achnowledging that it is Axl's call in the end is just him being honest about things. We all know it's Axl's project. Also, and this is speculation, but it seems in the past Axl's been sensitive to people making comments in the press, or at least the presses interpretation of comments, and to me the end of DJ's interview seems like it's phrased to smooth that over. To me it's like showing your boss at work that you're innovative, capibable of self direction, enthusastic and motivated with all kinds of ideas to direct the project one way - then stepping back a little bit and achnowlding that you do still respect the chain of command in the workplace, know who your boss is and that you're not going to take over and get out of line.

As for Axl's "We" and "Guns 'N Roses". Well, I see what you mean, on some level I guess it's really an "I" - as he does have legal authority over things as far as I know. But I also don't think he acts entirely alone in his decision making.

For example...when editing the Brian May solo axl said "In actuality, all that feel and emotion referred to now had a lot to do with Sean and I and the parts I chose out of Brian's different runs". So it's obvious Axl and Sean Beavon or whatever spent an afternoon or more making decisions about that track. I'm sure at times he runs ideas past his legal team, we know he has close extended-family relationships with beta and so on. In the past he brought in paul to being some new ideas in the slash era.

I'm not denying the buck stops with Axl, but I think when Axl says we - he may just be refering to himself and all the people helping and advising him and stuff - I'm not sure he's trying to present any false image of band democracy or anything like that. On some level I think modern GNR is AXL and everyone who got thanked in that CD booklet...that's the "we".

Board footer