You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Oh My God HiDef

Axl S wrote:

This?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't have it, but I think I remember talk of it years ago as well.

Does the end credits feature the whole song? I think i have the dvd somewhere but I'm too slack to go check.

Perhaps someone ripped it from the actual film on the basis that the sample rates are higher?

Like the version on the Soundtrack CD would be sampled at 44.1hz but DVD discs have a sample rate of 48hz or 96hz depending on the audio formats used.

In my theory then, if the audio track on the DVD was made from a master that is above CD quality rate then that defination would be better preserved on the DVD than on the CD version.

However, that would only work if they gave a version like that to the studio. Quite possible they already bounced out to 44.1 from the recording studio when they gave the film to the movie editing people - in which case there would be no difference.

That's my 2c on the matter, but I may be full of shit and just confusing myself, not really an expert on such things.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

There's also a slight change that for the bluray the song could have been mixed in Dolby 5.1 surround, which could bring out some things that are buried in the regular stereo mix. According to Amazon (where you can get a used copy for $5) it's in Dolby AC-3 DTS Surround, although that doesn't necessarily mean that the credits were mixed that way.

Edit: okay, so I bought a copy to test out if I can hear anything in the surround mix. I'll report back in a few weeks!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer