You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR's "Live and Let Die" used to promote X-Factor

Axlin16 wrote:

Not any huge news, but I noticed GNR's cover of "Live and Let Die" is used as the main theme for Fox's upcoming "X-Factor" with Simon Cowell.

Pretty high profile.

And at the same time... people can no longer defend Axl on the anti-Idol shit.

Oh lemme guess, it's a Beatles thing right? 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I highly doubt something on that level, especially music-related wouldn't go through the proper channels to license the music.

Even with that Sanctuary deal awhile back, Axl still retained usage rights over how his music is used.

So for that to be on there, it seemingly got the okay from all parties.

Sky Dog wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Not any huge news, but I noticed GNR's cover of "Live and Let Die" is used as the main theme for Fox's upcoming "X-Factor" with Simon Cowell.

Pretty high profile.

nope...a Paul McCartney thing.:rock:

as for the licensing, it probably required a bunch of entities...including first and foremost Sir Paul himself.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

It is pretty prominent.  Comes on at 1:23 and again at 2:12 if you want to skip ahead.

[youtube]RlY15RjXRMY&feature=player_embedded#at=128[/youtube]

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Pretty high profile.

nope...a Paul McCartney thing.:rock:

as for the licensing, it probably required a bunch of entities...including first and foremost Sir Paul himself.

I was referring to the fact that Idol has McCartney/Lennon catalog nights like every season.

thus the "Beatles" remark

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

It is pretty prominent.  Comes on at 1:23 and again at 2:12 if you want to skip ahead.

[youtube]RlY15RjXRMY&feature=player_embedded#at=128[/youtube]

made me throw up a little in my mouth

real bad move by whoever authorised this

my guess is simon has cosied-up to axl @ some sleazy shindig & axl thinks it's alright to have his voice & GnR over the top of such phony baloney.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I hate these shows as much as the next guy, but it IS the best way to get your music out there and get some exposure.  Not that THIS is going to do that, but anyone and everyone appears on American Idol these days without batting an eye.

Also, while I'm sure I'll hate this show just as much, I despise American Idol so much that I hope this show puts that one out of business once and for all.  Doubtful, but one can dream.

AtariLegend wrote:

Pop Idol/Amercian Idol or the X Factor is essentially the same thing with different branding.

Both were orignally tedious UK shows with Simon Cowel at the start years ago.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The only difference that I can see so far from re-watching the teaser again from the All-Star game the other is this - it seems like Cowell is bringing a staged Jerry Springer/WWE aspect to the whole thing where there's gonna be babyfaces and heels of the week and fake arguments, and all this BS to try and make it seem edgier than Idol.

Regardless, I think in 2 years the ride is completely over anyways. Idol will be cancelled, and I don't think X-Factor will make it past a season. It'll be the moment where audiences OD on these shows and tune out. jmho

Board footer