You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: Missing US Boy's Body Parts Found In Freezer

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

..The dismembered remains of an eight-year-old boy have been discovered two days after he asked a stranger for help when he got lost on the way home.

Leibby Kletzky vanished while walking to meet his family halfway between their home and a day camp in Brooklyn, New York City.

A two-day search by police and members of the ultra-Orthodox Hasidic Jewish community led to a 35-year-old man's flat, where Leibby's feet were found in a freezer.

The rest of the boy's body was discovered inside a red suitcase thrown into a large rubbish bin in another Brooklyn neighbourhood.

CCTV footage obtained by police showed Leibby on the day he disappeared asking a man, later identified as Levi Aron, for directions, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.

It also showed the boy wearing his backpack walking down a street with a man, waiting outside a dentist's office while the man went inside and then getting into his car.

Detectives were able to trace the man - Aron - using records from the dentist's office.

Mr Kelly said Aron made statements implicating himself in the boy's death. The suspect was arrested and charges are pending, the police commissioner added.

When detectives arrived at the man's flat and asked him where the boy was, he is alleged to have nodded towards the kitchen.

Police then saw blood on the freezer and opened it to discover knives, a cutting board and Leibby's feet.

Mr Kelly said investigators were checking whether Aron has a history of mental illness.

The boy's parents had agreed to let him walk by himself seven blocks from the camp to a meeting point halfway home and showed him the route last Friday.

"This is every parent's nightmare. That's what makes this so horrific," Mr Kelly said.

He added: "It's just a terrible, terrible tragedy."

Thousands of mourners, mainly from the Hasidic community, gathered for Leibby's funeral hours after his remains were discovered.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/boy-dismembere … 05881.html

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Ugh... terrible.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

That's just so horrible.

I can't understand what motivates someone to commit a crime like that, I guess it's some kind of insanity.

And god the poor parents...when they'd finally allowed him to walk a few blocks...the whole thing is just an utter nightmare.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

scary shit....i need to get out of the city

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I read the police are going to dig up his backyard, lets all hope this was the only murder he commited.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/1 … 98354.html

Levi Aron Confession: Alleged Killer Of Leiby Kletzky Spent 'Hours' With Victim After Disappearance

Details from an apparent confession by Levi Aron, the man accused of killing 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky in Brooklyn, have shed light on what may have actually happened in the time between his disappearance and the finding of his body Wednesday.

NBC New York has obtained excerpts from Levi's confession, which details the time leading up to the alleged murder. The scene painted by the confession is somewhat astounding, as Aron states that he spent hours with the boy after he disappeared. The murder was the result of panic, he said, after he discovered that a widespread search for the boy was going on. The AP reports that Aron smothered the boy upon hearing the news reports.

Afterwards -- I panicked because I didn’t know what to do with the body.… carried parts to the back room placing parts between the freezer and the refrigerator …

Aron's lawyer suggested Thursday that his client was possibly mentally ill. "He has indicated to me that he hears voices and has had some hallucinations," attorney Pierre Bazile said.

At a news conference, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Aron had scratches on his arms, wrists and elsewhere — a sign "there was some kind of struggle." There also were marks on the boy's remains that could have been caused by restraints, the commissioner added.

A preliminary medical examination indicates Leiby was "smothered or suffocated," but it remained unclear when that happened, Kelly said.

Kelly also confirmed reports that Aron had given a written confession in Leiby's gruesome slaying that ended with, "I'm sorry for the hurt that I caused."

Beyond that, "he hasn't expressed any remorse," Kelly said.

The boy's parents had taken him through the route he was supposed to follow home the day before he went missing, according to MSNBC. Surveillance footage shows that Kletzky may have been lost, after which he asked Aron, a stranger, for a ride to a Judaica bookstore.

Aron also told investigators that he brought the boy to a wedding in the suburb on Monsey on Monday evening, but so far they have been unable to confirm that claim.

Aron was charged with the murder Wednesday (his 35th birthday), after police raided his apartment and found Kletzky's dismembered feet in his refrigerator. Though his only other arrest was for public urination, the Post reported that it is believed Aron may have attempted to lure another boy into his car.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-news/ … 3052784001

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Fuck

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16