You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The Walking Dead

Axlin16 wrote:

Season 2 trailer revealed. I CAN'T WAIT!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

nice!

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Shocker: Walking Dead Showrunner Steps Down
by Megan Masters / TVLine.com

TWDdarabont110726180945.jpg

Mere days after his scoop-filled trip to Comic-Con, The Walking Dead‘s Frank Darabont has stepped down as showrunner.
According to our sister site Deadline.com, the show’s creator/executive producer/director has decided to vacate his post on the critically acclaimed series, which is currently in production on its second season. The reason, per Deadline, is that “Darabont hails from the feature world and… never quite adjusted to the daily grind of producing a TV series.” There’s talk Darabont may stay on in some capacity, perhaps as a consultant.

Ironically, Darabont told the audience at last Friday’s Comic-Con panel, “We’ve got people coming to the [writer's] table going, ‘Wow, we love this and we want to be a part of it, and that’s a really cool thing.’”

AMC has yet to officially confirm Darabont’s departure.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

You know, even though Season 1 was only 6 episodes, and was critically & viewer-acclaimed...

This show has went through so many producer changes, entire writing staff firings, now Darabont is gone, so much internal-strife...

For only a 6-episode 1st Season, and the production on assuming another 6-episode 2nd Season, unless someone knows something I don't.

It's amazing the show has found a way to be good. I've never seen so much strife on a series, that has so little episodes to it's name.

Hopefully Season 2, and by the looks of that trailer it will - still be a great watch. I really hope they bump the episode-order up to at least a 13-episode cable season. Season 1 was entirely too short and over too quick.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Darabont should've made it a film.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but do we really need ANOTHER Zombie epic? It's been done over and over.

But a TV series? No.

Only time I remember it even being mentioned was in the mid-90's, George Romero was shopping a Night of the Living Dead TV Series for syndication that would take place after the events of Dawn. They wanted to call it Twilight of the Dead or something like that.

No one wanted to do it.

I just don't understand what's so wrong with hammering out 13-episodes of this show each season. If Mad Men & Breaking Bad do it on AMC, why can't Walking Dead?

misterID

misterID wrote:

No, I love the show. I was talking more along the lines of Frank's involvement because this has been his baby and he's spent a long time developing it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh okay.

Well that might've been the point of conceptualizing it as a 6-episode deal each season. You combine those at 40 minutes a show, you've got a 240 minute zombie epic film, or sorts.

That's basically twice the length of Dawn '78

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, any theories why the old guy has a barn full of zombies locked up?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

Okay, any theories why the old guy has a barn full of zombies locked up?

I think they are his relatives or friends and he can't bring himself to put them down in case a cure is found.

The Little girl storyline is getting shitty... I mean, how could she still be alive?? wouldn't she had starved or thirst to death by now?

Board footer