You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Sky Dog wrote:
evads wrote:

Weren't YCBM and NR originally written for AFD?  Can I add those there, and select 14 from UYI (excluding YCBM and NR), and 14 from CD?  Can I add OMG to CD and drop something else?   lol  UYI wins anyway, barely.

Estranged
Bad Apples
Bad Obsession
Breakdown (I'd also like Axl removed from the end)
Double Talkin' Jive
Civil War
Locomotive
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
Perfect Crime
Yesterdays
Coma

well, the way I look at it, UYI was one recording session. I am quite sure NR and YCBM were bare bones demos during the recording of AFD so they don't count. You can only consider what has been released to date, and there has only been 3 real original LP recording sessions for "Gnr". AFD-UYI-CD. Lies doesn't count because it was an EP of acoustic tracks whipped up as a stop over between AFD-UYI...the cover album doesn't count either for obvious reasons. I am not going to speculate on any CD II because we have no idea if Axl will ever release anything else. 16

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Sky Dog wrote:
evads wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

almost perfect... i'd swap PC for RNDTH... and leave axl at the end of breakdown... I've always loved that shit. "There goes the challenger..." fuck... if it was gone i's prolly say it myself... it's great

I almost took RNDTH too, but I couldn't part with anything else, except maybe Civil War.  And Tyler, you should record your own vocal for Breakdown at the end.  I took Axl off, just for fun, in case you want to give it a shot.

Breakdown.mp3

I must say the Breakdown mp3 was sweet...thanks...you can add OMG to CD if you want.:cool:

Another thing I originally thought about Breakdown was the very Who sounding intro. Outside of Axl's silly whistling, the intro sounds like something The Who would have done around 72-73-74....think Join Together, Long Live Rock, Slip Kid, etc.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Furbush wrote:
evads wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

almost perfect... i'd swap PC for RNDTH... and leave axl at the end of breakdown... I've always loved that shit. "There goes the challenger..." fuck... if it was gone i's prolly say it myself... it's great

I almost took RNDTH too, but I couldn't part with anything else, except maybe Civil War.  And Tyler, you should record your own vocal for Breakdown at the end.  I took Axl off, just for fun, in case you want to give it a shot.

Breakdown.mp3

challenge accepted... tomorrow afternoon, bud. 5

Neemo
 Rep: 480 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Neemo wrote:

afd

faldor
 Rep: 280 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

faldor wrote:

I'm with tyler, I dig the end of "Breakdown" the way it is.

I'm not even sure which 2 songs I'd eliminate from CD.  I think Riad would probably be one, but the other one is a tough choice.  I guess Prostitute maybe. 

As for the UYI's, mine would go something like this
1. Breakdown
2. Don't Damn Me
3. Bad Apples
4. Dead Horse
5. Coma
6. Don't Cry
7. Dust N' Bones
8. Civil War
9. November Rain
10. Bad Obsession
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Estranged

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Smoking Guns wrote:

Is Greatest Hits and Live Era not allowed?  I wouldn't take them, just asking....  Also, GNR did release a "greatest hits" of the UYI albums....  I think it may have been 14 songs, but it was a one disc best of..

misterID
 Rep: 455 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

misterID wrote:
faldor wrote:

I'm with tyler, I dig the end of "Breakdown" the way it is.

I'm not even sure which 2 songs I'd eliminate from CD.  I think Riad would probably be one, but the other one is a tough choice.  I guess Prostitute maybe. 

As for the UYI's, mine would go something like this
1. Breakdown
2. Don't Damn Me
3. Bad Apples
4. Dead Horse
5. Coma
6. Don't Cry
7. Dust N' Bones
8. Civil War
9. November Rain
10. Bad Obsession
11. You Could Be Mine
12. Estranged

On CD I would get rid of Sorry and Catcher, only because I think they would fit a "darker" album better. I'd throw TIL in there too.

CD
TWAT
Better
The Blues
IRS
Riad
Prostitute
SR
Scraped
TIL
Madagascar
ITW

That would be a solid album.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Gibbo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Y'all are batshit.

If I go to a desert island with one GNR record, it's Chinese.

Id rather take spaghetti incident but it would be close

Re: UYI vs CD vs AFD

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Is Greatest Hits and Live Era not allowed?  I wouldn't take them, just asking....  Also, GNR did release a "greatest hits" of the UYI albums....  I think it may have been 14 songs, but it was a one disc best of..

rules are in the first post and it's my thread Russ, forget desert island thing, either way your pick is Chinese. 19

rules 

"let's play under the assumption that you can choose your own best 12 UYI tracks and you can whittle down CD to 12 tracks. Since most people think AFD is gold, it has to fight it out on it's own. What ya got, AFD-UYI-CD?"

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB