You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Global music sales fell around 10% in 2007

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As part of its response, the industry is calling on Internet service providers to take more responsibility for illegal file sharing by either disconnecting those who repeatedly upload music or preventing illegal tracks from being downloaded.

Many ISPs have so far proved reluctant to engage on the matter, but the music industry is hoping this could change following a move by French President Nicolas Sarkozy to block Web access to those frequently downloading music or films illegally.

so how would they possibly do that? wouldnt that be invasion of privacy?

russtcb wrote:

Global digital music sales were estimated to be approximately $2.9 billion in 2007, a roughly 40 percent increase on 2006, and single track downloads, the most popular digital music format, grew by 53 percent.

Digital sales now account for an estimated 15 percent of the global music market, up from 11 percent in 2006 and zero in 2003. In the United States, online and mobile sales now account for 30 percent of all revenues.

i had no idea that digital purchasing was so huge yikes

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^Same here..i cant see myself buying digital music anytime soon hmm

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't buy music online. I download it free. If I buy something, I prefer buying the real product.

There's no way they can stop it. Threatening to unplug peoples internet connection isn't a deterrent. They will just sign up with a different internet provider.

The genie is out of the bottle, and its not going back in.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

No way in fuck would I buy strictly digital downloads.  This sort of attitude is part of the reason the industry continues to decline, people are fed up with it.  The industry is only pissed off because they are no longer in a situation where they can so easily rip people off...the tables have been turned on them a bit and they are crying about it now.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I buy music digitally. For a band I'm only semi interested in, a store price of 15-16 dollars or an iTunes price of 10-12 makes the difference.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'd rather pay the $4 more and have something real and tangible in my hands and a booklet to read and look at the artwork big_smile

but prolly just cuz thats what i grew up with , i'm not saying digital pruchasing is bad....just not my thing

Board footer