You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Interesting Tidbit from Steven Tyler's autobiography

DCK wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I showed up to a show THREE HOURS LATE in 2006.... still beat Axl by 30 minutes.

That's my boy

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The problem is that Axl is not unreliable enough to be reliable. They were 2 hours late in 1991, Budapest, Hungary, but the next show in Poland started just in time. Those people who did the Axl routine got the encore only.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The problem is that Axl is not unreliable enough to be reliable. They were 2 hours late in 1991, Budapest, Hungary, but the next show in Poland started just in time. Those people who did the Axl routine got the encore only.

Not an excuse, but at least these days with live show updates you should KNOW when you need to get to the venue to see Axl and the boys in full.  I know that doesn't work for casual fans however.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

in NY in 2002, he came on at least an hour "early." a full hour before the "normal" usual start time of the shows. i drove through a freakin blizzard from south jersey and drank in a bar with my buddy. told him we still had a half an hour and were totally playing it safe. thank god he convinced me to head in a little earlier than planned to play it "extra safe" cause as soon as we got to our seats it started.

that's one thing that bothers me about the late starts....you never really know. i don't care if you come on at 1am, as long as i know in advance.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I showed up to a show THREE HOURS LATE in 2006.... still beat Axl by 30 minutes.

16:haha::haha::haha::haha:

DCK

DCK wrote:

You never really know. I've done the Axl routine twice and it worked both times. I would however look at what type of venue I was going to, what curfew they have going on, if it's a festival etc.

For Madison Square Garden, I would be dead on time.

For a festival known for curfew I would also be on time (even if Axl may not be)

It's a stand alone show with no connections but to GNR with no known curfew I would come Axl time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
sandman wrote:

in NY in 2002, he came on at least an hour "early." a full hour before the "normal" usual start time of the shows. i drove through a freakin blizzard from south jersey and drank in a bar with my buddy. told him we still had a half an hour and were totally playing it safe. thank god he convinced me to head in a little earlier than planned to play it "extra safe" cause as soon as we got to our seats it started.

that's one thing that bothers me about the late starts....you never really know. i don't care if you come on at 1am, as long as i know in advance.

I completely and totally agree. It's just not fair.

If Axl wants to come on at midnight, just drop me a Tweet or something so I know when to be there. That's all i'm asking, really.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
sandman wrote:

I completely and totally agree. It's just not fair.

If Axl wants to come on at midnight, just drop me a Tweet or something so I know when to be there. That's all i'm asking, really.

Well, with the up to the minute updates we get nowadays we can at least ballpark it a little better.  We can pinpoint when the opening act is finished.  And if you're not interested in seeing the opening act, I'd say it's safe to wait at least a half hour until after they're off to head into the venue.  Then, the waiting game begins.  Could be any minute now, or could be an hour plus.  You just never know. 

But at least you have SOME idea.  It's the casual fans who show up for the 8pm start time that's printed on their ticket that get an unpleasant surprise when they have to wait around for 3 hours for Axl to take the stage.  Sucks for them, but they should know better.  Honestly, this may sound harsh, but do some research before you go to a show.  Know what you're getting into if you're shelling out all that cash.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Yes, I usually play it with the opening act. Once we had people down there telling us when they were done, and then we walked over.

And yeah, honestly, people are so fucking dumb anyway. At least read an article or something before you go to a concert, ANY concert. I always do that. I do research whatever the fuck I'm going to see.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta be honest... when people say "I LOVE Guns N' Roses... I LOVE Axl Rose", but yet have NO CLUE about the band or his history...

You're not really that much of a fan are you? In 2011, casual fans bitching about Axl being late is just boring, and fuck off for me.

In 2011, DIEHARD/LONGTIME Gunners bitching about Axl being late... now THAT pisses me off. Because those cats deserve better treatment and respect imo. It's only the cool thing to do.

GN'R (or should we just say Axl), is one of the most anti-fan organizations i've ever seen.

Board footer