You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Video tour of GN'Rs backstage area

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

hahah...great video smile

The other thing is - the bigger you get - the worse touring seems.

When you are a small band and the promoter picks you up in a bmw limo - it seems cool compared to your ford at home. When you're rich - it seems shit compared to your Aston Martin.

Then the promoter takes you to your 5 star hotel. As a small band it's much nicer furnished than your home and pretty swish. When you're rich it's probably a trade down from the comforts of your mansion that's got all firniture imported and designed to your exact specifications.

Then you eat the food. As a small band you're glad to just eat. When rich - all the foods are going to be less nice than what you have at home.

Thus - the older you get and the richer you are - the more touring goes from being something a little bit cooler than your day to day life - to being something just a little bit less fun. It can be countered by the thrills of playing to an audience or whatever - but if the compromise level is too high - then artists just dont want to do it - especuially when you consider the artistic thrill is also limited when you need to play songs you've played thousands of times before and so on too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who was that HOT, and mean HOT piece of ass in there as the assistant?

Goddamn...

If I was "talent" my first request would be her sit in my lap as a I read my lines.... oooh yeaahh.

Lemme guess... Sexual harrassment?

Well.... it never slowed down Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Just watched this again..is Axl lip syncing or 'getting help' (i.e. singing over a tracked vocal)?.
Watch the scream at the start of CD and some of the vocals after that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

cheers man

Board footer