You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: The Wrestling thread

misterID wrote:

Ahhhh. Okay, this makes sense:

"Further Update on Kevin Nash’s Involvement in the CM Punk Storyline

Posted by Steve Carrier on August 16, 2011 at 3:36 AM

For those of you looking for answers to the Nash/Punk/HHH/Steph/etc. storyline, you clearly didn’t get them on tonight’s edition of Raw. Close sources are saying that it was very chaotic backstage at Raw tonight and decisions weren’t made until last minute.

One source said that the CM Punk/Kevin Nash promo was very unscripted. “Those two were working without a net out there,” the source said, “and the jabs they took at each other were not planned beforehand.”

The lack of resolve in the “Who texted Kevin Nash?” story is because WWE still hasn’t solidified the direction they’re going to take yet. “They have five ways they can go with this thing,” said a WWE writer, “and it’s still unclear which one they’re going to choose.” As I reported yesterday, WWE never intended on Del Rio to be the one who “hired” Kevin Nash. The obvious options now are Triple H, Stephanie, Johnny Ace and Vince, but WWE has proven that they don’t always go with the clear choice with things like this, so no one will ever know for sure until it’s finally in the books.

There’s still no word on Kevin Nash’s contract situation and whether he’s agreed to (or even been offered) a new deal now that he’s back on television. Kevin Nash is currently signed to a “Legends” contract. I would imagine something new will be worked out very soon as tonight’s Raw was a very good indication that he’s not going anywhere anytime soon. I’ve received a few emails about Nash being booked on some future independent shows and while he may or may not pull out of those, there have not been reports of him doing so yet."

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I'm still enjoying this whole angle but I agree with everyone who said so far this whole deal with Nash/Punk/Steph/HHH is just coming off really awkward.

misterID

misterID wrote:

It's surprising they didn't have this planned out like a month ago. I'm starting to think the Punk fan popularity surge really caught them off guard. Espcecially seeing how fast they put Cena back into the title hunt and took Punk completely out of it. No matter, a Nash/Punk feud sounds good to me, once they get their angle down and they know where they're going. It was just messy the other night. And Punk could really make Nash shine in the ring. Could make him look like the monster from the mid 90's again.

And I'm really starting to think the lame "Cena had his foot on the rope" was the only way Cena would agree to job to Punk twice. It really made no sense.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's surprising they didn't have this planned out like a month ago. I'm starting to think the Punk fan popularity surge really caught them off guard. Espcecially seeing how fast they put Cena back into the title hunt and took Punk completely out of it. No matter, a Nash/Punk feud sounds good to me, once they get their angle down and they know where they're going. It was just messy the other night. And Punk could really make Nash shine in the ring. Could make him look like the monster from the mid 90's again.

And I'm really starting to think the lame "Cena had his foot on the rope" was the only way Cena would agree to job to Punk twice. It really made no sense.

The problem is that they usually overwrite and have 4 or 5 different scenarios written out for Raw.  I remember reading a few weeks ago that they originally wanted HHH to come out and lay out CM Punk with a pedigree in order to emphasize HHH new role as COO.

I think CM Punk is so over right now that unless this angle goes completely into the toilet, he'll come out of it with his heat intact.  Too bad Sean Waltman is unlikely to wrestle (he has Hep C or B) as he could probably put up a good match with Punk.

As long as the mystery person who hired Nash isn't John Laurenitis I'm fine with it.  Johnny Ace has no personality at all.

The Cena crap that annoyed me was when he came out and whined about Del Rio cashing in MITB.  Um, almost everyone else who has cashed that thing in has done it after the champion has been beaten down.  It's the smart thing to do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think it's kind of ironic Sean Waltman's name is being thrown around...

When I first started watching Punk... he reminded me of X-Pac. Especially during his "straight edge" (gay) days.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

Johnny Ace has no personality at all.

Are you kidding? He's the most hateable thing on RAW right now. He comes out and speaks and all I want to do is hate him.

misterID

misterID wrote:

LOL 16

misterID

misterID wrote:

Okay, I was going to say that I was sure WWE didn't know where the hell they were taking this CM Punk angle until I just did some insider reading on it. More on that in a second...

RAW was okay. It went down exactly how I thought. And please, really, Del Rio and Cena have no business being in the Punk angle. They shouldn't have even wrestled last night, but had Punk concentrate on Nash and HHH and let them build Cena up to get the title back, if that's the way they're going. But I'm thinking that it was part of the Cena "job deal" with Punk that he would get a clean pinfall win, because the Nash interference was WEAK. If you're going to throw a swerve like they did, Nash needs to come in and destroy Punk and then let Cena pin him. Not just destract him. The moment Cena won Punk and Nash totally disappeared. Lame.

Nash looks like his knees are real bad, too.

But the story is the WWE is really trying to stretch out the Punk/HHH feud so they can compete with Monday Night Football during the season and take it to the Survivor Series and possibly beyond.

That's okay, but they really need to clean it up. The last 2 RAWS have been disappointments. Especially with Punk getting involved with Cena and Del Rio last night, another awkward moment. Because his spot later on with HHH and Nash was fantastic. I'm still interested though.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Welp, Nash failed his physical so he can't wrestle Punk at the PPV. That's why they had to stick HHH in. You'd think they could have come up with something else and hold off the HHH/Punk feud for later

AtariLegend wrote:

The idea was still to do Taker vs. Triple H III again at Wrestlemaina probably with Triple H's career on the line at last word.

That means they pretty much need to get Punk vs Triple H final blow off around Survior Series or Royal Rumble at the latest probably.

It took a Shawn Michaels in his prime 15 or so years ago to get a decent match out of Nash. Punk would need to have been better than his "best in the world" t-shirt to get anything out of Nash on PPV in 2011.

Board footer