You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans

imsorry wrote:

i voted no!
Maybe he cares,but he lives in a bubble and is kinda hard to see it outside from there...
And thats why for the first time im not going to rir this year i was there in 91 both nites,92 4 gigs i went in 2,rir3 i was there 2010 5 gigs i went in 3, and this time i dont feel i gonna miss anything.i dont feel i need to be there like i always felt i will this time only watch the live broadcast by Multishow.

PS i Know his doesnt own me a shit...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

My question is; why follow a band you have such obvious disdain for? So Axl Rose doesn't give a shit about his fans eh? If that's your firm belief then I'd say it's time to stop being a fan?

i'm a fucking glutton for punishment, ok?!
@ this point in time i can't imagine giving another cent to line the pockets of slash/axl/steven/dj ashba (lol @ even including ashba in that group by the way)
that's not to say in the future the relationship can't be mended. like an idiot i do live in hope for a better day...

my real problem tho is the wasted potential. imo it's such a fuckin tragedy. i believe in GnR & in Axl's writing & performing. it hurts to see the waste that's going on 'cause i know from the songs & memories that have already happened there is a magic there that doesn't exist anywhere else. & there could be so much more of it if the people involved would get their shit together - or care a little more about something bigger than themselves.

I agree gnr could iv been the greatest band of all time but axl is too lazy if he worked as hard as slash and duff he could be still kicking arse on his own but that will never happen axl has wasted his taltet big time he would have so many great song written that we will never hear thats the sad part he want even release another album 17

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Voted yes, not really convinced either way but the online chats for me were the best insight into the real Axl Rose and he did seem to care a lot, and thats swung it for me.
Plus at a show I was at there was a crush at the front that I was in and he stopped the show and asked folk to calm down and move back to clear some space, so thats a first hand experience of a caring side.

Then theres the other shit, theres a real contempt he shows sometimes - like that whole twitter being "hacked" cancelling the tour nonsense. Bollocks, it was him, and was even more telling how the message stayed in place right up to a couple of hours before showtime, when he finally deleted it and said "backstage at Reading..."
Then he refuses to go on stage at the allocated time, that every other band on the schedule managed to do, just to mess with the promoter, and so deliberately denied the paying fans the full show. Shit like thats just ridiculous and rightfully makes you wonder if he really does have anything else than a contemptuous attitude towards his fans.

And how hard would it have been to come online, either him or a rep and send a short message on, for example, why the Better video and fan Q&A's had been cancelled?

I think its best just to have no expectations and take everything with a pinch of salt, dont get your hopes up for anything cause theres a pretty realistic chance of being let down. If it turns out well, then great, if not then at least you wont feel too disapointed.

johndivney wrote:
Riad wrote:

drunk?

lol i wasn't actually @ the time i posted earlir, a little stoned..

you know some people got no choice
& they can never even find a voice
to talk with that they can even call their own
so the first thing they see
that allows them the right to be
why, they follow it 
you know it's called bad luck

Lomax wrote:

I do that too and then cross my fingers that no one notices.

Anyway, I would say that yes. He cares. But he's deluded, I read that old rolling stone interview again yesterday. He's so full of moralistic bullshit it's saddening.

I think in his head he cares, but being a deluded moral crusader he fucks things up on everyone.

Yes I think he cares in his own way, but his way is just shit.

imsorry wrote:

if he cares he could leaked 2000 intentions album... isnt that rejected by record company and i assume it was his true vision of how nuGN'R should point (sound)?

big_smile

Edit:

Let's face after CD released everybody was waiting for more...
And doesnt matter how much ppl want justified it ,its his own fault or whatever u wanna call it.

I know Mr. Rose i dont know jerk shit of it,but u know internet is a big garbage can.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think it's that Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans at all.  I think the problem is that the identity of what he considers a fan changes daily.  I think in Axl's world, to be a fan, you pretty much have to accept whatever he does or doesn't do at that time.  When it changes later, you have to accept that too.  The number of "fans" keeps getting whittled down gradually. 

If most people here were really honest about it, I think almost all of us are really passive fans now that hang out more for the community than we do the reason we have a community.  I don't know that there are many people here that Axl would consider a fan...

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't think it's that Axl doesn't give a shit about his fans at all.  I think the problem is that the identity of what he considers a fan changes daily.  I think in Axl's world, to be a fan, you pretty much have to accept whatever he does or doesn't do at that time.  When it changes later, you have to accept that too.  The number of "fans" keeps getting whittled down gradually. 

If most people here were really honest about it, I think almost all of us are really passive fans now that hang out more for the community than we do the reason we have a community.  I don't know that there are many people here that Axl would consider a fan...

I never agreed with you much when it came to guns, but as the years roll by I find you make more and more sense.  hmm

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I never agreed with you much when it came to guns, but as the years roll by I find you make more and more sense.  hmm

Thank you, I appreciate that.  Part of that I think is because I've mellowed some over the years too.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

............... and I have got less tolerable of the "band" that is GN'R.

Board footer