You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: West Memphis three to be released

johndivney wrote:
sandman wrote:

I read alot of case docs a few years back and read lots of opinions. I have always been close to 50-50, but leaning slighty towards them being guilty. 

You guys present great info and i am still probably 55-45 leaning towards guilty.

One thing that i've been wondering....did miskelley mention the boys being tied with rope on his own??? Because this point is always used by wm3 supporters as evidence that he was lying. But i feel that if he knew they were tied up at all, that would be  evidence that he was telling the truth. That is a very specific detail that you wouldnt expect anyone to guess. Even if he got the "tool" wrong (which a semi-slow person might do a few weeks later), to me, knowing that fact (that they were tied up) is huge.

Anyway, i dont understand how or why anyone with any kind of intelligence could be absolutely convinced of their innocence. There are some doubts, even if u call them minor doubts, that they r innocent. Their innocence just is not proven. It is far from a fact. And with that in mind, how can people support them and help with the release of individuals that MAY be guilty.

Part of me is just thinking "holy shit. Murderers may have just been set free." And if i had a hand in that (financially, for example), i would be feeling sick right now.

how come you don't think, "holy shit it's possible innocent people have been in jail for 18 years & had their childhood stolen from them" if you're only 50/55% believing they're guilty?? how can people support the incarceration of individuals that MAY be innocent??

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: West Memphis three to be released

sandman wrote:

I do think that. I thought i made that perfectly clear. And because of that fact, i wouldnt go supporting any group or giving money to a movement to have them thrown back in jail. I don't understand how anyone can be convinced either way and actually help the cause.

Also, there are many other cases where there is FAR more evidence of individuals innocence that people could have supported (and still can support) if they truly were concerned about people being unfairly incarcerated.

Board footer