You are not logged in. Please register or login.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

Re: West Memphis three to be released

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 … his-three/

Prosecutors and defense attorneys are working out a deal that could result in the release of the West Memphis Three murder defendants as early as Friday, according to legal sources and relatives of victims.

"It's a high probability," said Jackie Byers, 44, wife of John Mark Byers, whose son was one of three 8-year-old boys found nude and hog-tied in 1993 in a watery ditch in West Memphis. "We've been asked not to say anything until after tomorrow."

A source close to the case said the pending deal involves the immediate release of defendants Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley in return for pleas to lesser charges. All three were convicted of capital murder in 1994. Echols was sentenced to death, while Baldwin and Misskelley are serving life terms

"This deal is going to make everybody happy," said a source who asked not to be identified because of a gag order barring parties to the case from discussing it.

Byers said she, too, was told of the pleas. She said she's glad the three defendants will be released but is upset that they must plea to something she believes they didn't do.

"This means they will never be proven innocent," said Byers, who, like many other followers of the case have been persuaded of the three's innocence by new evidence, including DNA evidence, uncovered in recent years. "All of that (new evidence) might go down the toilet and be lost forever."

Recent DNA testing pointed a finger at a fourth, uncharged individual.

The judge in the West Memphis Three triple murder case has scheduled a hearing for Friday in Jonesboro, Ark., in which all three defendants will be present.

In scheduling a hearing for 10 a.m., Circuit Court Judge David Laser released this statement earlier this morning:

“The court will take up certain matters pertaining to the cases of defendants Baldwin, Echols and Misskelley on Friday, August 19, 2011. One session will be conducted out of public presence with all defendants present, and another session will be conducted in open court. The session conducted in chambers will likely begin at 10 a.m., followed by a public session, which will begin about 11 a.m. Space will be limited for the public session, first to the parties, counsel, and court personnel, then to family members of the victims and family members of defendants, with remaining seating to be occupied by media representatives and the public. There will be approximately fifteen (15) minutes between the chamber session and open session for media and public to be seated.”

More details as they develop online and in Friday's editions of The Commercial Appeal.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I have it from a very very good source that they will plead guilty tomorrow and then released for time served.

I hope someone fucks them up when they are out.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its about fucking time. Clinton should have pardoned them a nanosecond after they were found guilty. Those boys NEVER should have been within a light year of being accused of murdering those boys. They were railroaded by incompetent police and the whole case is one giant clusterfuck.

Now let someone other than Barney Fife interrogate that stepfather and we might actually find out what really happened that day.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAA

YES YES

These guys are pratically the most innocent guys in prison today. All they were guilty of were being rockers/roughnecks in a conservative town.

That stepfather has been guilty as hell for YEARS. But if the West Memphis Three plead guilty, then it'll be considered a done deal.

I think that's such bullshit. That 'guilty' thing. All that is, is once again the fuckin' Prosecutor's office REFUSING to admit they were wrong. They've been corrupt bastards in there throughout the nation's history. Lame ducks.

IRISH OS1R1S

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I couldn't disagree more, but Its something I'm not going to argue about. People have their views on it, I'm not going to try change anyones mind.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to a Black Flag concert to help fund this to happen YEARS ago. Great, great news.

The prosecutors don't want to pay the millions they would have to shell out otherwise. Shitty move, but their freedom is worth it. They can still come back and get the ruling overturned and sue the state and police. It's happened before. This is just a way, like Axlin pointed out, that the state doesn't have to admit they were wrong. There will be a big settlement.

And there's no way Mark Byers will ever be prosecuted for this.

Happy day 9

6a0133f39c7cec970b013486bfea18970c-pi

johndivney wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I couldn't disagree more, but Its something I'm not going to argue about. People have their views on it, I'm not going to try change anyones mind.

i know you've debated this on here before but i can't remember details.
i'd like you to present your disagreement cause all i can see is an outrageous & evil miscarriage of justice perpetrated by maniacal power-tripping neanderthals posing as prosecutors.
but i am open to hearing why you believe the 3 to be guilty - i've only watched Paradise Lost 1&2 so am by no means an expert on the matter but i don't recall ever seeing or hearing evidence as to how the 3 could have been guilty...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They've officially been released smile

johndivney wrote:

& eddie vedder is frantically searching for a new cause to preach about..

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

It's about fucking time. Bring on the lawsuit mofos. 5

Board footer