You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rehearsals Streaming

Axlin16 wrote:
Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

^^
Haha, exactly.

In 2006, all I heard was bitch, bitch, bitch about Axl being fuckin' late, and BOOM Jungle starts, tops are off, chicks are throwing their panties on stage...

It's kind of like those stories Izzy & Slash told about fanboy's girlfriends who were all stuck up and only ever been with one guy, and as soon as GN'R walked into the room they were on the floor getting gangbanged.

Something about stardom makes people hate your guts, then as soon as you're in the room, they're sucking your cock.

Ummm.. no 2006 was notorious for people being rather pissed at his late starts because his performances weren't justifying the wait. believe me when Jungle hit in Calgary and Edmonton in 2006 nobody was throwing their panties, people mostly had their arms crossed with a  look that said "you made me wait now impress me motherfucker and unfortunately at both of those shows he did NOT impress. In fact the Calgary show was half empty by the time they played PC.

FACT is the insane late starts ruin the vibe of the shows. People are tired at 1:00am and just want to go home. crowds would be so much more into it if he'd start at 9:00 like most other bands do. Also nobody is ever cheering for an encore at Gn'R these days. Why? Cause it's too fucking late and they're ready to go home. FACT.

Plus it pissed me off all three times I've seen them in 2006 and 2010 that I couldn't go grab a  drink with my buddies at the pub afterwards cause everything was fucking close. That's bullshit!

That wasn't what Russ said. He said after one song, everyone was reminded why he's Axl Rose. And that was precisely the experience I had too, despite the bitching of Axl being late.

Now in terms of the end of the show and Paradise City, you're right. Axl went on so fuckin' late, that by the end of the show 1/3 of the venue was full. I had a very nice couple sitting next to me that sat there for 4-1/2 hours waiting for Axl. He finally comes on at midnight, they're excited and love it, then by the end of Live and Let Die (fourth song in the set), they turn to me and tell me good night, and leave.

Even their babysitter has school tomorrow. And they have work.

And that's the BIGGEST issue with me on the late starts. Anyone who has a REAL FUCKIN' LIFE, not a rockstar, stoner, degenerate-lifestyle... cannot work on Axl's schedule.

Even guys like Bri have come on here and said how in their life today, they don't even consider going to a GN'R show, because it's a waste of time. They have families, and their time and money is too precious to waste on Axl still trying to act like he's 21.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ummm...you can't tell me what I've heard.  I'm telling you factually that I have heard a ton of better technical singers.

I'm just telling you the science of it. Axl has very good breath control and a vocal range that's highly above average. Most singers have no where near the range he has, let alone many of the other factors that made him a star, and that's a fact as well.

Yes he's inconsistant at times, but so are many singers as the voice is a human instrument and when you o pish the limits of possibility to that extent then it's natural to have off nights.

Bottom line is that technically he has a very very large and unusual range and such people are few and far between statistically and thus i'm surprised that you feel you know a number of people who are better. It would be like me knowing a number of people who are better than an olympic athelete. It's not impossible but it's also unlikey that every kid in a highschool choir is going to have the kind of skills you are claiming.

If factually you really do know a number of people who have those skills you should probably form a music label and sign them 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That wasn't what Russ said. He said after one song, everyone was reminded why he's Axl Rose. And that was precisely the experience I had too, despite the bitching of Axl being late.

Now in terms of the end of the show and Paradise City, you're right. Axl went on so fuckin' late, that by the end of the show 1/3 of the venue was full. I had a very nice couple sitting next to me that sat there for 4-1/2 hours waiting for Axl. He finally comes on at midnight, they're excited and love it, then by the end of Live and Let Die (fourth song in the set), they turn to me and tell me good night, and leave.

Even their babysitter has school tomorrow. And they have work.

And that's the BIGGEST issue with me on the late starts. Anyone who has a REAL FUCKIN' LIFE, not a rockstar, stoner, degenerate-lifestyle... cannot work on Axl's schedule.

Even guys like Bri have come on here and said how in their life today, they don't even consider going to a GN'R show, because it's a waste of time. They have families, and their time and money is too precious to waste on Axl still trying to act like he's 21.

All true and sometimes I forget to take into account I didn't see every show 16 I saw the two in Alberta in 2006. But at those shows nobody was impressed when they hit the stage cause his vocals sucked and a lot of people were just down right pissed about how late they came on and how shitty he sounded. Yes they cheered when the lights went out but that's a given with any band.

But the rest holds true no matter what show you go to. they come on way too late. AND the worst part is many venues stop selling beer before Gn'R even go on stage. That's a fucking joke and it's Axl's fault not the venues. I can't blame them for not serving beer after 11:00pm. 

That's why I love seeing real bands. Pearl Jam on Wednesday will be great cause I'll get to see Mudhoney, Pearl Jam and be in a  freaking bar having a beer by midnight. Foo Fighters in October will be the same. So much more enjoyable going to see bands that do things right.

Having said that the Gn'R show I saw in 2010 was awesome but again it was way too late a start time even if they did hit the stage just before 11:00. It was fucking after 1:00am when it ended and it was a week night. That honestly sucks.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And I have heard much, much better singers in bars.  I've heard better singers in high school chorus.  Axl is NOT a good technical singer.  He's not.

I'm sorry but that's just flat out wrong.

Axl's trained his range to something very close to F♯1- G5.

Given his natural voice is a baritone, you'd expect him to be able to sing maybe F2 to F4. Although sometimes his running around messes with it, he also has very strong breath control.

There's not a lot of people around with that kind of ability, there's some, but it's actually very rare.

you're wasting your breath being objective here....

wait, you're being a blind fanboy.

come back to the real world, monkeychow....come back

war

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

And I have heard much, much better singers in bars.  I've heard better singers in high school chorus.  Axl is NOT a good technical singer.  He's not.

I'm sorry but that's just flat out wrong.

Axl's trained his range to something very close to F♯1- G5.

Given his natural voice is a baritone, you'd expect him to be able to sing maybe F2 to F4. Although sometimes his running around messes with it, he also has very strong breath control.

There's not a lot of people around with that kind of ability, there's some, but it's actually very rare.

Ummm...you can't tell me what I've heard.  I'm telling you factually that I have heard a ton of better technical singers.  All the range in the world is irrelevant if you can't consistently hit the notes.  That is where he fails.

lol

so it's better to perform at a difficulty of 6.5  every night............

than to perform at a level that few if any can touch every once in a while

followed by mostly 8's and 9's and an occasional 6.5

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

the higher you aim the higher end up when you miss your target.

and id rather be inconsistent than consistently mediocre.

for every person you can find me that is more consistent than axl find me one that can consistently do what axl does.

i can hit free throws more consistently than anyone in the nba. on my 7 year old's 6 foot rim.

your bars have a 2 on 2 league?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They aren't playing on a 6 foot rim.  They are all singing.  It's the same game.  One chooses to make the game more complicated than he needs to and often fails as a result.  You see that as awesome.  I see it as failing.

Using your flawed comments, it's more like Axl shoots for a 10 and hits 8 on the rare good night, might hit 9 once in a tour, and hits 6.5 or less most nights.  People in the bar can max out at 8, but hit 8 almost every night.  So occasionally they are on the same level, most nights they are far superior.  You take the guy that flukes into an 8+ a couple times a tour; I'll take the one that hits 8 every time out.  Call it a difference in philosophy.

war

war wrote:

yes, ofcourse. that's why they are in the bar hitting 100 percent of their free throws for 50 bucks a show while the pros are getting paid thousands to hit less.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

yes, ofcourse. that's why they are in the bar hitting 100 percent of their free throws for 50 bucks a show while the pros are getting paid thousands to hit less.

Because we all know that talent is the only thing necessary to make it big.  roll

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

"If a streamed rehearsal is taken down... did it ever happen?"

Opinions?

Board footer