You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

jamester wrote:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=163489
GUNS N' ROSES: More U.S. Tour Dates Announced - Sep. 19, 2011

According to Here Today… Gone To Hell!, GUNS N' ROSES will perform the following U.S. shows in October/November:

Oct. 28 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center
Oct. 29 - Miami, FL - AmericanAirlines Arena
Oct. 31 - Greenville, SC - BI-LO Center
Nov. 02 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
Nov. 05 - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
Nov. 12 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Nov. 13 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Nov. 15 - Rosemont, IL - Allstate Arena
Nov. 19 - Hartford, CT - Comcast Theatre

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cheers for the update jamester big_smile

5 weeks you lucky bastards...you cant get 5 weeks in Canada unless you are working at the same place for like 10 or 15 years or something...currently i only get 2 weeks per year, but i also have flex hours ... so if i work extra time i can get paid on it or take it in lieu .... can be helpful

maternity leave in canada is like 15 weeks ... then paternity leave kicks in which can be taken by either parent for 35 weeks in both cases the gov't pays you unemplyment wages (like 60% for mat and 40% for pat or somethign like that...i cant remember) and in some cases the employer tops you up to your full wages

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

I would have taken the next day of, regardless of late start, in order to "make a night of it"!
smile

then when you don't even get out of the venue untill after 1:00am it's too late to go anywhere to have a few drinks so the night is fucked.

Damn! I thought Norway had a strick policy regarding alcohol!

You should either vote differently in the next local election or move!
smile

This is how I look at it:
When I think about all the hours in a week I spend waiting in car traffic, waiting for the buss/train/plane/boat, standing in line at the grocerystore etc etc etc. Waiting 2 hours for one of my favourite rock bands is really not something I'm gonna allow myself to get upset about!

Walk around the venue, sit down, talk to some people (unless you meet Buzzsaw, you two would go nuclear!), take a piss or three, look at the merch-stands.

But if you're LOOKING for something to get upset about...well...then that's another story! And it has nothing to do with Axl Rose not showing up when it's most convenient for you!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think so. I took off both days in 2006 for GN'R.

But you don't tell them that. Never. I don't know about socialized Europe, but alot of employers in America was a "damn good reason" for you not coming into work, and a rock show ain't it. They claim "responsibility", but the reality is, its passive-aggressive.

In other words -- "if I gotta come into work, by God you've gotta come into work".

It was not a popular decision in the office, but I didn't give a fuck.

Hm... Interesting!

Here in Norway, you get 5 weeks vacation pr. year. And you, sort of, by law HAVE to take those weeks. If you're a fulltime employee, it's illegal for your employer to "buy your vacation-days" if he needs you to work.
On top of that. Last year, I became a dad. So this year I got an extra 10 weeks for paternity leave, fully paid (this year the govn. bumped it up to 12 weeks)! The mother gets 47 weeks paternity leave, fully paid.

Sorry to go a bit off topic!

Anyway, nice to see that a lot of you guys are sacrificing, or at least have sacrificed some of your vacation to go see GNR.
Then again, in some cases, it's a bit of a drag if you feel forced into it by late starts...
Last year, I took 4 days off to see GNR in Bergen and Oslo. But if they had played in my hometown (Stavanger), I would have taken the next day of, regardless of late start, in order to "make a night of it"!
smile

The tour is really startin' to roll out now. Still a lot of major cities to go...

To be honest, I am a bit nervous for this tour. There's prolly not a lot of goodwill among the concert/promotor-industry-people left for GNR. If this tour goes tits up, there prolly won't be many future shows in the US. So fingers crossed!
hmm

FIVE WEEKS OF VACATION EACH YEAR?!?!?!

I'll be at your house within the hour... where do I take the citizenship test?

I think a few European countries (France, Germany?) have up to 8 weeks of vacation.

If you guys in the US had more vacation-days, we'd prolly see more young American tourists here. All we get are old retired Americans on cruise ships!
smile

Sky Dog wrote:

I get 5 weeks of vacation but I have been with my company for 20 years.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

My company gives 23 days for people at my level when you start.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I get five weeks as well. I had three weeks off this summer, then I decided to push the remaining two over to January 2012, then take both of them and add another one from 2012 into a three week holiday in Israel.

People actually work harder and more if they get more time off.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

in germany 24 days is garantueed by law. the normal situation is 25-30 days, but it tends more towards the 25 days nowadays...

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The best i've ever seen is 14 days after a year of work, and the most you usually can accrue is 28 days. You're usually not allowed more. Even if you did it for 30 years.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Naltav wrote:

But if you're LOOKING for something to get upset about...well...then that's another story! And it has nothing to do with Axl Rose not showing up when it's most convenient for you!

Wow! Did you just say that? You think people showing up on time and then waiting 3+ hours maybe four or five for Axl to come on stage is LOOKING for something to be upset about. You think when his set gets cut short because he won't take the stage when he's supposed to is about fans looking for something to complain about? To sit there and smuggly tell me and others that we're simply looking for things to complain about when a band shows up insanely late consistently is bullshit. Not everyone hangs from Axl nuts like you do buddy. It has nothing to do with Axl showing up when it's most convenient for me? I bought the ticket you fool, he better well show up when it's convenient for me. When the start time on a ticket says 7:00pm and the asshole doesn't take the stage untill midnight that's not convenient for anyone. In fact it's flat out disrespectful towards all his fans. No wonder the venues they play are half empty and even less so by the end of the set.

There's a lot of factors that go into it. Like I mentioned the wait time is one, the venues decision to close concessions before Gn'R even hit the stage is another. The drive time home afterwards(I live two hours away  so a show ending after 1:00 am is a pain in the fucking ass).

It's not looking for things to complain about. It's simply recognizing what an F-ing joke he is for doing what he does and no it's not warrented because there are so many better live bands today with much better frontmen because as much as everyone on a   GUns N' Roses site likes to preach how Axl blows everyone away he doesn't anymore. Inconsistent vocals, geriatric dance moves, shitty sound mixes, late starts, half assed efforts if something is bothering him.

Is Axl good? yes. Do his performances justify the antics in 2011? Hell No!

Show up on time and stop being a  little bitch.

Board footer