You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

tejastech08 wrote:

Just noticed on the voting site that it's being rigged by a RHCP voting bot. Seriously, they went from around 800 votes to 5,500 in a matter of an hour. It's going up around 1 vote per second. Such bullshit. If your band can't get in on their own merits, deal with it. Some little bitch RHCP fan is probably pissed off that they didn't make it in yet even though they've been around since '83. Give it a few days and the Hall of Fame will realize their poll has been hacked. Irony is they will likely piss off the Hall of Fame instead of making a good impression.

Sky Dog wrote:

those votes don't mean anything

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

those votes don't mean anything

Exactly, which is why rigging it will only hurt the band's chances. Dumbass nerds.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

once the gnr forums get on the band wagon then their numbers will jump too...but up against the chili's on a comeback tour and a new album...i dont think GnR has a chance against winning that vote...chilis should be in the hof anyway, they've had alot of sucess for alot of years

Sky Dog wrote:

I predict GNR, RHCP, Beastie Boys and 2 other relative no names. I really hope The Faces get in...

as for who shows up, Slash-Izzy-Duff-Steven-Matt.....no Axl or Dizzy....

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

I agree with Russ. It doesn't matter who shows up to accept, I want to be able to say I was there when GNR got in.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Would be hard to imagine Axl not wanting to show up. When he inducted Elton John he said some good things about what the RRHOF means. Whether that was just something he said or something he ment I guess we don't know. Anyways would be crazy to think Axl, who thinks he is Guns N' Roses, who feels Gn'R means more to him than anyone on this planet, who feels he's the integrity behind Gn'R, would sit back and let the other guys represent "HIS" band. I don't know.  It would be a crushing blow for his new era Gn'R as far as integirty with the Gn'R connection in my opinion. Guns N' Roses gets inducted into the Hall and the real Guns N' Roses guys show up to accept while Axl tours with his synthetic version of Gn'R?  I don't know. It's a weird situation for sure.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Would be hard to imagine Axl not wanting to show up. When he inducted Elton John he said some good things about what the RRHOF means. Whether that was just something he said or something he ment I guess we don't know. Anyways would be crazy to think Axl, who thinks he is Guns N' Roses, who feels Gn'R means more to him than anyone on this planet, who feels he's the integrity behind Gn'R, would sit back and let the other guys represent "HIS" band. I don't know.  It would be a crushing blow for his new era Gn'R as far as integirty with the Gn'R connection in my opinion. Guns N' Roses gets inducted into the Hall and the real Guns N' Roses guys show up to accept while Axl tours with his synthetic version of Gn'R?  I don't know. It's a weird situation for sure.

I think he was reading a script during the Elton ceremony. A few years ago during the infamous online chats, he was asked about the Hall of Fame. Here is response:

Axl Rose wrote:

Never thought about that. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it. It’s a ways away and seems a bit presumptuous to be contemplating being inducted now.

Based on that comment, I seriously doubt he agrees to show up. But that comment is also interesting because it shows a rare humility from Axl. "Presumptuous" to think a band that sold 100 million records with a pretty small discography would make it into the Hall of Fame? This is one instance where Axl should strut his stuff and say, "There's no doubt we're getting in, but I want nothing to do with it." 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Like Axl, I'm not sure I give a fuck.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The most you'd get from Axl would be a video acceptance or letter. Best bet is he doesn't show.

Slash said on That Metal Show he would be there for induction.

Board footer