You are not logged in. Please register or login.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

Re: Possible Tour Setlist! The General, Estranged, Civil War, Atlas+

emcitymisfit wrote:

3 hours of My World as an alternate setlist in case people start throwin bottles

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dont really care anymore what the setlist is, I just hope they put on a hell of a performance. I'd much rather have a GNR where everyone has the performance of their life, especially Axl - than an under rehearsed sounding and underwhelming performance with loads of new songs.

A blistering performance of old and new songs would be a wet dream, but seems like it always takes them quite a few gigs to get up to speed and they get better as the tour progresses.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought the first shows were often the best actually...longer...more varied setlist....stuff like TWAT being busted out...the asian ones in particular seemed bad ass last tour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

My guess is that Axl will play more CD songs, and maybe throw in Used To Love Her & You're Crazy, and maybe even an unheard cover of something.

Why would we expect more? My jaw would drop if he strayed off of basically what he's played the last couple years. He already plays most of AFD, and basically half of CD, with a few from the UYI albums, and Patience. Unless Axl unloads new tracks, or throws in new "old" songs from the UYI albums, there's nothing else to do.

Then again, every Rio-Brazil appearence has been featured as the 'launch pad' for the next GN'R album. The UYI tracks debuted live at Rio II, CD tracks debuted at Rio III, so... my guess is that if Rio IV comes and Axl doesn't play anything new at all, there's probably not an album in the works anytime soon.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My guess is that Axl will play more CD songs, and maybe throw in Used To Love Her & You're Crazy, and maybe even an unheard cover of something.

Why would we expect more? My jaw would drop if he strayed off of basically what he's played the last couple years. He already plays most of AFD, and basically half of CD, with a few from the UYI albums, and Patience. Unless Axl unloads new tracks, or throws in new "old" songs from the UYI albums, there's nothing else to do.

Then again, every Rio-Brazil appearence has been featured as the 'launch pad' for the next GN'R album. The UYI tracks debuted live at Rio II, CD tracks debuted at Rio III, so... my guess is that if Rio IV comes and Axl doesn't play anything new at all, there's probably not an album in the works anytime soon.

Yes. The fact that it's Rio gives me hope that we'll get something new out of him. Either way I hope we at least get a great performance and high quality pro shot footage. Even though I don't consider the band to be GN'R, there are only so many more chances to see Axl since time is flying right on by.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So is it this Sunday night/Monday morning?

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think an acoustic section can happen. It'd be good enough for me.

Board footer