You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GN'R Nominated for Hall of Fame

Smoking Guns wrote:

Heart should get in...

What is nuts is Kiss, Deep Purple, and Rush have yet to get in.. I agree, GNR is a first ballot band... Just surprised Kiss isn't in yet.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think he was reading a script during the Elton ceremony.

You mean like words on a  piece of paper that he likely wrote himself? 16

the rest I hear what you're saying. It would just seem strange where Guns N' Roses is basically given the highest honor in the music industry(if you look at it as an honor) and Axl doesn't show up while the other guys do.  I mean it's almost laughable that Axl has done "so much" over the years to keep the Gn'R name alive and get out there and tour as Guns N' Roses, release an album as Guns N' Roses and after all that the real Guns N' Roses accepts the induction with Axl nowhere to be found.   Such a  fucked up situation and in the end it kills any credibility the new Guns would ever have in the eyes of the public.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Heart should get in...

What is nuts is Kiss, Deep Purple, and Rush have yet to get in.. I agree, GNR is a first ballot band... Just surprised Kiss isn't in yet.

Then consider Madaonna is in and it's an even bigger joke those bands you mentioned aren't in.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I think he was reading a script during the Elton ceremony.

You mean like words on a  piece of paper that he likely wrote himself? 16

the rest I hear what you're saying. It would just seem strange where Guns N' Roses is basically given the highest honor in the music industry(if you look at it as an honor) and Axl doesn't show up while the other guys do.  I mean it's almost laughable that Axl has done "so much" over the years to keep the Gn'R name alive and get out there and tour as Guns N' Roses, release an album as Guns N' Roses and after all that the real Guns N' Roses accepts the induction with Axl nowhere to be found.   Such a  fucked up situation and in the end it kills any credibility the new Guns would ever have in the eyes of the public.

I don't consider Axl's employees to be GN'R, so that is kind of irrelevant in my mind. But I do see what you are saying about Axl's use of the GN'R name over the years. That being said, GN'R was not and should not ever be a bunch of stooges that cowtow to the establishment. The thing that made them great is that they had a corporate contract, but their behavior was over the top and rebellious. They were like the Sex Pistols on a big budget. Well the Sex Pistols famously told the Hall of Fame to fuck off. I wish Axl would do something similar, but I also wish Slash and the others would too. But they're all fat and happy at this point, so they'll go along with what the establishment wants. Axl is a troubled soul and will continue doing rebellious shit because it's just in his nature.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Could Axl veto the nomination?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Could Axl veto the nomination?

I think you mean the induction. The nomination already happened. I don't think he has a say in the matter. It's up to Jann Wenner and his buddies. They like GN'R because the controversy of the band, the image of the band, and the music of the band all helped sell a ton of magazines for Rolling Stone back in the day. The reunion controversy seems like exactly the kind of thing Wenner would want to capitalize on. If nothing else, a potential trainwreck would guarantee good TV ratings. And if a reunion happens, you also get good TV ratings out of it. Win/win for Wenner and his stooges.

Bono

Bono wrote:

They WERE anti establishment but not based out of any conscious reasoning or anything. They were  drunks and junkies. They're all pushing 50 years old now and all seem to have a different outlook on life. Telling the RRHOF to go fuck themselves isn't cool at this stage.  That won't prove anything.  Not for Guns N' Roses. It won't make them any more legit, they wont' earn their "street cred" back.  The cool thing to do is to accept it, show up and reflect on what was an amazing run. They deserve it whether it actually means anything or not they deserve it. They left their finger prints on the industry and the world via the hearts of millions of fans. Why not go and appreciate what you've accomplished.

People grow up(Axl well that's debateable), they aren't gonna sit around being anti establsihment and over the top rebellious forever. It's kinda silly to wish for that. People who act that way all their lives are refered to as losers in everyday life so why would it be cool to see them in their 50's be anti establishment and over the top rebellious?

Axl is a prime example. His antics back in the day were somewhat cool. At this stage though he gets a LOT of flak for it because it's just not cool anymore.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Oh right, not sure exactly what this thing is.

I expect Slash, Matt and Steven to be there for sure, Duff possibly but wouldnt be suprised if he doesnt, and Axl and Izzy to be washing their hair that night.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer