You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Slash: Weiland Playing With STP This Summer

buzzsaw wrote:

STP was fairly well known.  I only liked a few of their songs, but people knew who they were.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think they were more of a north american fame type of band..where as VR got world widde recognition cuz of the GnR side of things

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

monkeychow wrote:

If that's what happens. Personally I think a lot of people had never heard of scott till he joined VR, I know in Australia STP are only one of those 'cult' bands that a few people know, but maybe that's just limited to the people i've known. I'm sure there will be a buzz for a while...i just wonder how it will last.

If VR's buzz died because they are too legacy, I can't immagine the buzz of a grunge-era band like STP lasting much longer.

But then i've been wrong before!

Same here in the UK to be honest, much more people know who VR are than STP. Again I'm sure they have a cult following and maybe they are more popular than I'm giving credit for but I can't see a major fuss over here for an STP reunion.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

If that's what happens. Personally I think a lot of people had never heard of scott till he joined VR, I know in Australia STP are only one of those 'cult' bands that a few people know, but maybe that's just limited to the people i've known. I'm sure there will be a buzz for a while...i just wonder how it will last.

If VR's buzz died because they are too legacy, I can't immagine the buzz of a grunge-era band like STP lasting much longer.

But then i've been wrong before!

It will last.  There is a demand for STP no matter what anyone else says.  They will sell out shows and if they release a new album it will sell fairly well. 

They aren't a grunge-era band, they went far outside the walls of grunge.  If you step away from Core or Purple, and onto Tiny Music, No 4, Shangri-La Dee Da and the song All in the Suit That You Wear- they weren't just another grunge band.  They kept rock alive and were one of the few real rock bands from mid 90's to early 2000's.

I hear STP music played WAY more on the radio and television than i hear VR played.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Except for "Creep", I don't think anyone knows anything from STP over here. VR is definitely a bigger brand than STP in Europe.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I really hope Scott goes back to STP and stays there, because to me that's where he's much more suited, plus that means I'll get to hopefully see STP live, which is something I missed.

Of course, all this can happen AFTER they play their rescheduled VR dates in Sydney next month!

Board footer