You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: quick question

mitchejw wrote:

Okay so...there's pretty much nothing to talk about so I thought I'd bring this up. I've always wondered if anyone knows the real story behind the bootlegs and the hoarders. I'm sure you're all aware of the situation I am reffering to. At the time, I know the person supposedly directly involved offerred his version...but i was wondering if there was more to it than that.

Before this time, I had no idea there were hoarders out there...or at least hoarders who hoardered to that degree.

Anyone care to comment?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I think the MSL story is legit. He kept me, and others, in the loop in the days leading up to it, step by step, on the condition we remained quiet. Most of us did. One stupid fucker decided to leak the stuff before MSL had gotten everything he could, so we'll never know how much more is out there.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I think the MSL story is legit. He kept me, and others, in the loop in the days leading up to it, step by step, on the condition we remained quiet. Most of us did. One stupid fucker decided to leak the stuff before MSL had gotten everything he could, so we'll never know how much more is out there.

Out of curiousity is MSL really that wrestler?!  I always wondered if that was him or he just used that as some kindof alibi for the heist.

Anyway, it was a cool plan. I didn't know you & others in on it. Sucks someone did leak it, IIRC he was on his way to stealing another song or two (or versions of them)

As for the hoarders, I do wonder what they actually have. IIRC the "Portugese" crew claimed one of their sisters or something dated Robin (or a band/crew member) and got/stole a cd off of them. I don't know if that is true or not. BigBri, do you know, or did MSL tell you, if the hoarders are somewhat regular posters on forums.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I don't understand why the guy paniced and released the songs eearly

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

cuz someone got worried that they were being scammed so they panicked

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Out of curiousity is MSL really that wrestler?!  I always wondered if that was him or he just used that as some kindof alibi for the heist.

Anyway, it was a cool plan. I didn't know you & others in on it. Sucks someone did leak it, IIRC he was on his way to stealing another song or two (or versions of them)

As for the hoarders, I do wonder what they actually have. IIRC the "Portugese" crew claimed one of their sisters or something dated Robin (or a band/crew member) and got/stole a cd off of them. I don't know if that is true or not. BigBri, do you know, or did MSL tell you, if the hoarders are somewhat regular posters on forums.

Yes, MSL is really the wrestler of the same name.

According to him, the hoarders still have a newer version of Madagascar, Better w/acoustic guitar mixed in, and two totally new songs that no-one has heard before.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

BigBri hit the nail on the head. A poster on CD.com approprietly named 'Leaky' decided to leak the 3 songs MSL had given some of the people that were communicating with him either on AIM or through other ways. Then the shit hit the fan, Portugal found it there was no guitar, but only a receipt for cables or some shit. Then, TWAT was leaked, finally.

It was a mess, but it was mighty cool of the guy for pulling it off. I remember when he posted his offer on MyGNR and CD.com and no one took it up, until he almost gave hope up.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we allowed the offer to remain posted ... then Axl's lawyer got involved 18

they watch the forums its not like the admin's are being dicks when that sort of thing gets pulled...we really had no option but to take down the thread...at the time we were allowed to post the explanation that was given us, for our forum members to read, from the gnr legal team..even though the situation was explained it still pissed alot of people off...i remember that, i thought that it would give people some peace of mind but it didnt work out that way hmm

Board footer