You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I was just in shock sadly. I honestly couldn't believe how bad most of it was and it was happening right in front of me.

some people just build shit up too much...its only a concert ... this show was never going to change the world or make GnR #1 band again or anything...just a festival show....poor weather conditions and first gig of the tour ... maybe i'm just making excuses i dunno i havent watched it tbh but i cant see getting all worked up over one gig it usually takes a few for them to get rolling

Come on. It's Rock in Rio. Nothing is bigger in the world of GNR. It was the birthplace for Illusions and Democracy. It's like the Soccer World Cup for Guns N' Roses and then they bomb out like England always do and we're all just sitting wondering what the fuck went wrong.

Let me list them (in no order);

Massive monsun rain
No new songs
Axl unprepared with his voice
Axl out of tune
Axl forgetting lyrics
Short set list
Live band arguing

Only thing that went well was Estranged.

let me list what went wrong:

Axl being a lazy selfish prick

if he takes a proper control of the ship, & runs it in a professional manner none of this disappointment or excuses ensue.

the hypocrisy of this is what galls me the most. the guy says he took the name to rescue it from a bunch of junkies but really he is the most unprofessional of the lot!

as for russ thinking it was inexcusable - it is/was, but... there's been plenty of Axl's behaviour inexcusable in the past but we move on p quickly after the disappointment.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Sort of yes. He fucked up NR and then it was no fun. Into KOHD and he's acting all childish but then he's back being funny again for the sing along.

A professional just does the show regardless, which Axl seems incapable of.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'll say it now. He needs to retire from touring and become a studio musician. He still has a few years left before his voice completely abandons him. It would be nice if he can take advantage of it. Lord knows he wasted 15 prime years with the CD debacle.

DCK

DCK wrote:

Finish off the tour first, see how it turns out and then decide what to do. Release Chinese 2 and 3

HTGTH is like North Koreas propoganda machine. Just more stupid.

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

omg no wai best frontman in teh game 2day gonna tewtally play the general nu album nu era <3

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Anyone have another link to the full show?  The one on page one is coming up private now. (http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadca … DBLygh9Fuw)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

he gets pissed and blames others for the screw up with the lyrics. forgetting lyrics is no big deal - i've seen Mick Jagger, Bruce and others forget lyrics. it should be something you just laugh off.

why get pissed? i'm guessing cause it hurts the show. but then he spends the next 2 songs pouting and putting no effort into the performance, which.....hurts the fuckin show!

DCK

DCK wrote:

Acts like a little spoiled child during Patience.

Board footer