You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Re: Taking the site forward....

Maverick wrote:

Cool.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  smile

EDIT:  BTW, if you don't mind me asking; Who is responsible for your banner?  It's REALLY great, and I've been in need of a new top banner for my website.

Dreamline is our Graphics person, he's designed our logo/banner.

Drop him a pm, maybe he can help you out.

Maverick

Maverick wrote:

Cool, thanks again.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
Maverick wrote:

Cool.  Thanks for the warm welcome.  smile

EDIT:  BTW, if you don't mind me asking; Who is responsible for your banner?  It's REALLY great, and I've been in need of a new top banner for my website.

Thanks for the compliments and feedback.  This kind of thing is always welcome, so don't worry that your making a negative first impression.

Personally, I've always liked the corner peely thing because I think it looks cool and adds a little visual touch to this site that distinguishes it from others.  But while I disagree with you on that one, I think some of your other ideas are definitely worth some thought.

Depending on what kind of banner you need I might be able to whip something up.  But I definitely can't make any promises right now because life/work has been crazy busy lately and I haven't even had as much time to spend on this place as I'd like.  But, feel free to PM me whenever.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Welcome aboard Maverick!

Maverick

Maverick wrote:

Thanks guys.  smile

I guess I'm alone on the peel down thing in the corner, but that's cool.  My main problem was that it interfered with the awesome banner.  But at home I have a widescreen monitor so it doesn't bother me there.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Before we get completely derailed...

I do think we need an FAQ of some sorts. Some hard-to-find stuff (with factual answers, if available) could go in there, such as

* On which label GNR is (Geffen, Interscope, Universal)
* What happened with Zakk Wylde & GNR (Zakk wrote a Black Label Society track based on a GNR riff, for one)
* Izzy collaborating with Duff on GNR demos in '95 (Axl asking for the tapes later on)

This sort of stuff, which is hard to find on the net on its own.

Maverick

Maverick wrote:

A FAQ is a great idea!  A great way to get anyone new to the situation up to date in a speedy manner.

I was also thinking, how would GNRevolution feel about hosting a GNR Wiki?  We've been using DokuWiki over at my site and it's working out pretty well (just very slowly 'cause only two people are working on it in their spare time).  Of course here I'm sure you could a lot more people involved, as well as from other forums.  It's also pretty easy to customize as it is made of PHP code.

Just an idear.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

When I get myself back into high gear, I'll recreate the ancient history thread I made concerning CD back in the day, starting from '94 and spanning all the way to '02, atleast.

Would be nice have that stuff stashed in someplace (I should've made backups myself, I know).

Board footer