You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

let's face it, Axl sucked, he ruined most of the show, he wasn't prepared and the whole world saw it, and he needs to stop acting like a spoiled little bitch when something doesn't go his way, he needs to grow the fuck up.

Sky Dog wrote:

He's not gonna change...hasn't in 20 years.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

He's not gonna change...hasn't in 20 years.

This.

If he can't get motivated to get in shape and prepare for RIR, not much hope for any other gigs/tours.

Axl will always blame others or obsfucate the reality of events in order to deflect accountability. He does is publicly, and no doubt in his own head. This will not be a teachable moment for Axl.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I miss these days.... bucket

[youtube]m_8yFOiCQwU&feature=related[/youtube]

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Discussion of the good and bad is fine by me, thats why I'm here, only when people start spamming every thread with the same spiel does it become a problem imo, and also I hate people whining about "whining" just as much.

I think Axls performance deserves to be scrutinised, I found it alarming, and anyone who doesnt see there is a problem needs their eyes and ears checked out, or just plain stop kidding yourself and start believing them cause they aint lying. Axl doesnt look well, I dunno why any fan wouldnt wonder and be concerned. Mabye we shouldnt be sitting here speculating on the hows and whys, I can certainly agree with that point of view, but to pretend its not there when its staring you right in the face... pffft get a grip.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I got neemo's back here.  I said it before, I thought the show was good. I'm not ignoring the awful parts, because there were definitely some bad spots. But it was far from a train wreck or the worst show in GN'R's history. Far from. Again, I'm glad that Axl even went on and didn't split mid show. Things Axl would have done differently from the 80's all the way up to 2002. He did finish the show.

I don't care how big RIR is to some people. It's still, in the scheme of things, just a show. But that's just my opinion. No one talks about how awful The Greatful dead were at Woodstock. Axl has a chance to make a come back.  I didn't think he could after the VMA's (which I think was a vastly more important moment and opportunity than RIO and an even bigger disaster, btw) but he did.  He blew me away in 2006.  Only thing that sucked was that Buckethead was gone sad

-D- wrote:
misterID wrote:

D, you are comparing a 28 year old with a damn near 50 year old, you do realize that, right? I thought he nailed Estranged last night.

Axl is never going to sing the way he did back then again. He didn't have a long shelf life for his voice. His self imposed exile is probably the only reason he can still sing now.

last night people were saying that was the greatest performance of Estranged in the entire history of the band.

i am simply pointing out that it was very good but not the best.

So, that was their opinion. What's wrong with that? The best versions, IMO, of Nightrain, NR, OTGM, Brownstone, KOHD, Patience came from the new band. There were some Jungle moments that would blow the old band off the stage, IMO. Nothing wrong with that.

And the video that has the band rehearsing Oh My God is really interesting. Not only does it show the setlist was LEGIT, but also they were planning to bust it out. Wonder why.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
jppgnr wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fy2zjfh … _embedded#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16GCwEuA … _embedded#!

I dont know if this has been posted but here are a couple of videos of the rehearsal, they intended to play Oh My God, maybe because of the rain they didnt.

Shit listen to Tommy's bass on OMG, wow 9

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Ron did a swell job in Rio, gotta hand it to him, but he's no Bucket on the solos

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl has 2 strikes against him already keeping the band name and it not being the original lineup..s o that means he has to "OVERACHIEVE" and he has far from done that.

Any first impression for the new band that was made was made a while ago...peopel just didnt decide after 11 years of gnr post slash/duff touring that all of a sudden everything was fixed

face it people either like the new era or they dont, they can't out do themselves every show...they are human just like you and me, sometimes they have bad nights, thems the breaks

see difference from what i'm doing and most others are doing is that i ame trying to take soemthing positive out of the gig rather than nitpicking all the bad stuff... i'm sure axl and the band are well aware of the mishaps that happened and are prolly even harder on themselves about them than we could ever be, i think as a fan it is nice to be able to say..."yeah that part sucked, but did you see this other part?" I'm not denying that the show had obvious flaws...i'm just saying there were highlights too, and instead of harping on the bad points i can look at the good points and say "it wasnt the greatest but it wasnt totally shitty either" 22

Thats fine if that is how you choose to look at it. I simply don't. Axl kept and fought for the GNR steering wheel cause he had a vision and his vision was suppose to be "great" Slash was lazy and was going to kill the legacy by doing simplistic easy rock n roll, Axl wanted the band to evolve..... and live up to its high standards

that is my problem

Since he has had the ball solely on his own... he has done "NOTHING" to elevate the GNR legacy and the long wait and above average album didn't help.. Couple that with the Philly debacle in 02, The Dublin thing last year and now coming out in front of 90k people, closing this massive festival and performing/sounding like that is simply inexcusable.

This is Guns N Roses.. some of u think cause there wasn't a massive riot that somehow it was a success. NO, that isn't the criteria we judge Axl by.

in 2006, i saw him absolutely blow Kid Rock off the fucking stage....... just dominated him.. his voice was BETTER than anytime during the UYI tour.. so Im sick of this "Axl is near 50" bullshit and this is the best he can do. Its bullshit. Axl got voted the number 1 living singer recently in that one poll..... he is not living up to that and it isn't because he can't.. its because he refuses to put in the necessary work which in turn rips off the fans who pay to see Axl Rose at top form.. not this.

People supporting this, think they are being a 'true' fan when in reality they are just enabling the same bullshit to happen year after year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
gibbo wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I didn't catch the show last night.  Does anyone know if its available for download yet?

It's up on dimeadozen.org

Hey mate i looked on that site couldnt see it their

It's back, if anyone's interested.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta … ?id=376310

Board footer