You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

war wrote:

axl gets pussy whenever he wants it. what does he need a gf for?

hes out of singing shape (lungs) and out of practice. he always is at the beginning of tours these days and his performance always shows it.

yes, it seems to be an issue that a lot of these tours start out with the biggest shows and therefore these poor starts dont exactly showcase a great show worthy of buying tickets to for people pondering later dates in the tour. never the less, axl is gonna do what axl is gonna do.

he doesn't need anything other than to keep performing. hell get back into shape that way since hes not committed to doing warm ups before shows and practice/preparation/rehearsals before tours.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
killingvector wrote:

Some have suggested that he will work himself in to touring shape. Well, there is a problem with that: word of mouth will work faster than his weight loss. This tour will be hurt by low ticket sales if Axl cannot achieve that level of indvidual success sustained in 06/07. Critics and audiences will not settle for half value at full ticket price.  I don't even think the '10/11 version is good enough to impress audiences in the States.

Not only that, but "working yourself into shape" doesn't happen at 50.
Since the early 90's he was busting his ass to keep in shape on the road and before huge tours. It was no accident, that at 30, he was singing shit while in the middle of a dead fucking sprint. Other than smoking... He treated his body like a piece of equipment. And it showed. In 01/02... He had been chilling out in his house/the studio for 5 years... He was fat...And very winded. It's easy to forget that you aren't young anymore. I'm sure he thought that he could just do the same things he could just do in 1993... He learned quickly that it wasn't the case... But because of his relative youth, he got himself together pretty quickly. By 2006, Axl was a lean, mean fighting machine again... In large part, no doubt, to hard work and a strict diet. He didn't want to embarrass himself anymore.

Sure... He wasn't able to pull off the same shit his did in '92, but he looked and sounded great. Looks like Uncle Axl just needs to get back in the gym and re-learn that , while his talents may have been "God Given" 20 years ago... At 50, it takes a fuck load more to maintain those talents than it used to. And RIR is a prime example. I've always believed in him. He has a plan. In Axl We Trust.

But he won't. And he doesn't... And I'm slowly learning that fact. And I'm very.... very pissed off.

Monday, for the first time I can recall, Axl looked and sounded like an aging, bloated Rock Star. And it made me profoundly sad. This isn't Axl Rose. This is some old, fat fuck who simply just doesn't give a shit anymore. And if he did... He wouldn't have shown up looking like that and pulling that shit. All these years of showing up late (if at all), and bouncing early and taking a decade to release a fucking album based on the premise that he did these things because he "cared too much" to let us hear or see an inferior product. And that's one of the reasons I've stuck by him through the lineup changes, and Chinese Democracy... He had "a vision".. I was led to believe that Slash and Duff are gone because they didn't jive with "his vision"... What part of "his vision" for Guns N' Roses was Monday night? Hmmmm...? Does he look like he gives a shit anymore? Really? We all know... Not think... know ... Deep in our hearts,  that there is no new album coming in the foreseeable future. Don't give me the red tape excuse... He could put out  music tomorrow... There are ways around everything. Especially if you're rich.

He doesn't want to. He's content eeking out the remainder of his potentially productive artistic years collecting a substantial paycheck to play shows under the banner of  "Guns N' Roses"... For as long as people are still willing to pay for it... And how long before fans like me just throw their fucking hands up and say "I'm not dropping a shit ton of hard earned cash to drive 2 and a half hours to The Garden and wait till Fat, Old Axl decides that the weather conditions and the selection of fine fucking cheeses in his personal dressing room (away from the hired help) are suitable enough for him to show up 2 hours late, roll out of his limo, get on stage, and huff and puff through songs I've heard a million fucking times, or have a temper tantrum because he can't remember the lyrics HE WROTE for said songs that HE HAS SANG millions more times than I've fucking heard them and walk off the stage and plop his fat ass back into his limo, in the middle of the third fucking song of the night and go home."

Slash isn't coming back... Buckethead and Brain aren't walking through that door. I have finally given up... I'm throwing in the towel..

I love this board, and respect many of you, and your opinions.. And will continue to stick around here.. But as far as Axl goes... I'm DONE. The days of W. Axl Rose being relevant are OVER.

Yet... He still believes his old hype. Because of the people that continue to make excuses for his bullshit. That's all it is...

Bullshit.
I know this now.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you dont need to get in to the gym to get into singing shape just like you dont need to be skinny to be in good singing shape.

yes, his age is one of many factors although he was singing IMO AND AT TIMES some of the best lines of his career in 2010. thats one measly year ago. so, unless hes king theodon from LOTR - the two towers and sauruman is making him age at an incredible rate. his should still have some room for improvement.

it doesnt take long to get the pipes, lungs, and diaphram into full stregnth.

warm ups and preparation is what is missing and is more necessary when you get older.

jppgnr
 Rep: 18 

jppgnr wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not naive enough to think that anything I do or don't do will have any impact or sway in making Axl do anything..

Well no shit. What YOU do as an individual isn't gonna make a lick of difference cause it would be pretty insignificant but what WE has a collectve fanbase do would. It's never gonan happen but if everyone just stopped buying tickets to Guns N' Roses YES it would have an impact on how Axl operates without question . Axl would either bunker down and make an album, reunite with the old band or retire completely. We sure as hell would't be having another CD tour.  To deny this concept is to lack common sense.   It's not different than voting. Of course one person's vote on it's own doesnt make a difference but when you add them all up it's huge.

If one person boycotts a Gn'R show it doesn't make a diference but if everyone did it would make a difference. Thats' the whole point. People continueing to buy tickets are in essence enabling Axl to continue doing what he's doing but unless you could make it a mass thing there's no point. Do what you wanna do cause it won't impact it either way.

I for one bought my ticket for next saturdays show (Argentina) cause ive never seen them live and you never know when is it going to end.

You say we should boycot gnr and give three probable scenarios, wich one do you think its the most likely to happen?

I think that if people stop going to shows he'll just retire(shure as shit he isnt gonna get together with slash, and if people dont buy tickets=no more money=no more studio time=no more new albums) and we'll never get to hear new music again cause no record company is gonna release any "new" gnr albums, ever.

I'd rather people continue buying tickets and have at least the hope for anything new to happen than axl retiring.

Gn'R is becoming like a religion, in the end all you have is hope something good will happen.

Having said that i do think that the rio show was BAD, it wasnt the worst but the magnitude of the event amplified the whole thing.
If he had sucked like this in Worcester, MA it wouldnt have mattered so much.

Seeing him almost crying fucked my head, it made me feel geniunely bad for him. You could tell he cared about the show, and he knew he was fucking it up big time.
What makes me sad is his fragile state of mind that at the first problem he just goes AWOL and seemed like he didnt wanna be there anymore.

I dont know, hopefully he'll have a great show on Chile and bounce back from it.

(if my english suck its cause im from Argentina, sorry)

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Oh gee look at that. Seems like some mainstreme media to me. Can't believe anyone even suggested the media wasn't gonna pick up on that disater(argueably). I wish they'd focus more on the show(good or bad) rather than his weight.  But I guess that's how it will go

"Fat Axl sounds like Shit" 

That sucks but that's what articles and reviews are gonna be saying.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh gee look at that. Seems like some mainstreme media to me. Can't believe anyone even suggested the media wasn't gonna pick up on that disater(argueably). I wish they'd focus more on the show(good or bad) rather than his weight.  But I guess that's how it will go

The change is noticeable even from last year, let alone comparing now with 2006. 

Personally, I don't care how much he weighs as long as he can get up there and put on an amazing show.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Bono wrote:

The change is noticeable even from last year, let alone comparing now with 2006. 

Personally, I don't care how much he weighs as long as he can get up there and put on an amazing show.

Yer it's not looking good that just came on face book

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

God this is a long thread.  I step away for 10 hours and I have to sift through 11 pages just to get up to speed.

A lot of good points being made on both sides.  One thing I don't agree with though is the Axl doesn't care/this is just another cash grab tour.  Actually, I couldn't disagree with that more.  How can you watch him the other night and say he doesn't care?  The guy looked emotionally distraught because he cared so damn much.  If he didn't care, he would've high tailed it out of there at the first signs of trouble.  If he missed a lyric (which he did PLENTY), big deal.  After all, he doesn't care, right?  So why'd that bother him then. 

And what tour isn't a cash grab tour?  All artists tour so they can grab some cash.  They aren't doing that releasing NEW music these days, that's for sure.

So save me the "it's a cash grab, he doesn't care" bullshit.  Seriously!  If you want to say he should be more prepared, in better shape, etc.  Fine.  But the other night, I saw a guy who cared a great deal.  And that's what concerns me the most at this point.  If he cared a little less, maybe things wouldn't have hit him so hard the other night and he would've been in better spirits and I wouldn't have to worry about how he's going to react tomorrow and all the following shows leading up to Nov. 19th, when I have tickets to see them.

Oh, and I'm not sure I'd count MTV as mainstream media.  I mean, do people ACTUALLY go there for music news?  They haven't dedicated themselves to music since Slash was still in Guns N' Roses. 

I'm joking of course, kind of.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yeah Faldor, he cared once he realized he didn't prepare

one of my fave sayings: Failing to prepare is preparing to fail

He realized quickly that he couldn't just roll out of bed and be Axl Rose

Board footer