You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 'The Simpsons' No More? Show to potentially end

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

They are all disgustingly overpaid.

What else is the chick voicing Lisa Simpson going to do without the show? Seriously. She hasn't had a gig since Herman's Head.

I've actually seen her branching out a bit more. She was a guest star on CBS' "Big Bang Theory" last season I believe, and she was the main co-star in that Triple H family comedy, "The Chaperone" which was a DTV movie I watched on Netflix (which was suprisingly not that bad, just dragged out a bit).

Her name is Yeardley Smith I believe.

Olorin wrote:

It should have been killed off years ago, used to be the best show on the tv and now they have completely soiled that legacy by releasing series after series of pure garbage for about the last 10 years. When I see The Simpsons is on when flicking through the channels I'll always  turn over and have a look, but as soon as I see that slick new animation I realise its a "New Simpsons", and I switch channels immediately. I'll still watch the old ones no matter how often I see them, I still think they are class.

I do too. As a kid in the 90's, "The Simpsons" was by far my favorite comedy of the decade. Really loved everything about it. That 10-year period from 1989-1999 the show was when I watched it. I think around Season 6 (1994-95) was where wear & tear started to show. The flawless aspect of each episode was starting to slide. In another words "average to weak" episodes started to appear.

Seasons 7-8 (1995-1997) the show continued in that Season 6 format and continued to slide, but remained entertaining. By Seasons 9-10 (1997-1999) it was DONE. Even then. They should've called it a show at the 10-season mark, and the show's integrity would've stayed intact, except the final 2-3 seasons. But it would've stayed a pretty impressive run creatively.

By Season 11 (1999-2000), it wasn't even the same show. It was already sucking then, and quickly becoming virtually unwatchable.

By Season 12, I was gone. Already moved on to newer, more risque creative satirical stuff like South Park.

I also agree that if I see a Simpsons rerun on TV, and see the info saying anything newer than (1999)... I don't even bother. I immediately flip.

Same thing with Happy Days. Anything newer than (1980), I flip the channel.

thegreg1 wrote:

The last few seasons have blown Family Guy out of the water. The show still has good episodes though it's gotta be hard to keep having good ideas after 20+ years.

I also hate seeing comments about how something sucks from someone who claims to not have seen it in years and caught one episode. Way to be in the loop

As far as the dispute? They are being asked to take a 45% paycut! They are OK with a 30%, but 45%?!?! Non of us would take that no matter how much we made

I was a DIEHARD Simpsons fan, and I really feel the show hasn't had good seasons, it's flat out sucked since about 2000, 2001. I did like the movie though.

As for Family Guy, I LOVED the pre-cancellation show (1999-2002). LOVED IT. Thought it was one of the best shows on TV.

I have NEVER cared for it since it was brought back in 2005. It's been flat out awful.

misterID wrote:

American Dad is the best animated show on TV.

American Dad is really good, and probably the best. I also like The Cleveland Show quite a bit. It's ironic that both shows are required by Fox to have The Simpsons & Family Guy lead them in, in order to grab audiences.

Yet both Dad & Cleveland are far better shows in 2011 than either Family Guy or Simpsons FAR BETTER.

I still find myself watching more of South Park and Aqua Teen Hunger Force these days. I think South Park's most recent season was garbage tho.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I love South Park, last season was a big disapointment though. Wonder how far they can take it now, would hate to see it turning to shit like what happened to The Simpsons after being great for so long.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Woo Hoo! Fox Orders Two More Seasons of The Simpsons
by Natalie Abrams / TV Guide

111007simpsons2.jpg

The Simpsons will live on!

Fox has renewed the longest-running comedy for two more seasons, Seasons 24 and 25, which will include the show's 500th episode in February 2012, the network announced Friday.

The Simpsons cast close to signing deal — but how much will they make?

The renewal comes as a relief to fans. On Monday, the network reportedly gave the cast an ultimatum: Agree to take a 45 percent pay cut by Friday or the animated series will be canceled. The new deal reportedly won't reduce their salaries as much as Fox originally demanded, but it will not include any revenue pay.

On Monday, it was reported that the actors — Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer — proposed a 30 percent pay cut in exchange for a small percentage of the show's back-end profits, which includes syndication and merchandising. But that offer was swiftly rejected by the network.

Early Friday, Shearer spoke out against Fox, saying he would take a pay cut as large as 70 percent in order to get a share of the sitcom's hefty profits. Shearer said there were "simply no circumstances under which the network would consider allowing me or any of the actors to share in the show's success."

The show's producers already agreed to salary reductions, but several of them already have deals that include compensation from back-end profits.

Created by Matt Groening, The Simpsons airs Sundays at 8/7c on Fox. Following the World Series, The Simpsons will return with "Treehouse of Horrors XXII" on Sunday, Oct. 30.

Lomax wrote:

great...

Board footer