You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Christopher Nolan's "Inception"

Axlin16 wrote:

I haven't even seen it. Sounds like I need 'ta.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

pretty cool movie...i think he was awake....my wife said he was still dreaming

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Trick question to the fans of this film: What's the film about?

AtariLegend wrote:

About planting an idea in someone's subconscious tongue.

Lomax wrote:

Plato

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Riad wrote:

Plato

He could wish.

This movie is about nothing. It's an adventure flick where the hero goes through the motions before saving the day. That would've been ok if the movie didn't try to brand itself as deep and complex. Can somebody tell me what this depth and complexity actually is?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

It's not deep and complex. When I finally watched it, I was stunned to see how much of a simplistic action film it was.

It reminded me of some sort of episode of Stargate SG-1. Like the alternate dimension stuff. It also had hints of the later Hellraiser sequels.

Basically the concept is, make a movie and a plot so fuckin' dense and convoluted that it'll come across as "deep and complex".

With The Dark Knight, I saw life metaphors and deeper meaning in some of the plot and dialogue. With Inception, it was a movie trying way too hard to be something deep, when at it's core it was a simple action film. A good action film. Greatness? No.

I was actually surprised Leonardo DiCaprio starred in it. I thought he was "above" those kind of movies.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

It's a movie about the experience of watching a movie.

Lomax wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Riad wrote:

Plato

He could wish.

This movie is about nothing. It's an adventure flick where the hero goes through the motions before saving the day. That would've been ok if the movie didn't try to brand itself as deep and complex. Can somebody tell me what this depth and complexity actually is?

Ha ha. Fair enough. I've never watched it, smacks of intellectual masturbation to me Plus I'm not cool enough for that shit

Board footer