You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bon Jovi-These Days

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Yeah that album is nearing perfection, diamond ring is stellar too, creepy in the right way. Something for the pain and my personal fav something to believe in are classics.

The lyrics on Something to believe in and the feeling of genuine confusion in his voice coupled with the emotion of that last broken scream..... Gives me shivers everytime. He actually sounds like he's having a real crisis of faith in that song and ground-breakingly he comes out the other end of the song completely broken as though he's given up believing in anything. You just don't get that level of meaning from rock bands of that era in such plain and obvious terms, and won't find it on any other bon jovi material. That song just sums up so very very much about my own struggle with belief as a teen. Deeper than a 60 yr old hooker, but as tastefully arranged as any alt rock fashion band could manage.

Hey god is the best hard rock song Jovi ever did too, such a simple riff but a real hard hitter. REAL hard hitter in fact, fuck me it's glorious.

If that's what it takes is the perfect love song in that it's realistic and full of pain as so many relationships are. Who hasn't been there? "If that's what it takes that's what I'll do." Just powerful and accurate. That said it's not a favourite, there's just too many other excellent songs on there.

My favorite 3 tracks in order are:

The song these days itself is just fucking mind blowing.

The Jimmy Shoe's verse will be with me till I draw my last breath.

Bon Jovi are at their best when they're hungry, this album is the shiznit.

"Jimmy shoes busted both his legs, trying to learn to fly
From a second story window, he just jumped and closed his eyes
His momma said he was crazy - he said, "Momma, I've got to try.
Don't you know that all my heroes died?
And I guess I'd rather die than fade away."

I don't really give a shit if no-one ever hears about this album again, there are probably even better albums with less acclaim.

I'm just happy I found it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nice stuff, but like most Jovi... kind of merges together. Liked Lie To Me the best.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I always thought Keep The Faith was their shining moment as a band, but These Days is certainly up there too.
Agree with pretty much everything that has been said in this thread. I love Hey God, such as kick ass rocker with an almost Pearl Jam-like simple riff. Probably their darkest album lyrically too, as far as 'Bon Jovi dark' goes.

Lie To Me is great, love the harmonies in that, and These Days reminds me of something Bruce Springsteen would put out.

Gonna have to bust this album out for a listen after all this talk about it.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Yes, agree it being their best album

Jon said he doesn't like writing the "Downer" song cause he wants to use his songs to uplift people... But he needs to do more of this.

-D-

-D- wrote:

Was going through terrible breakup and this song right here.. FUCK!!!! still gives me chills. and makes my eyes water:

Love Richie's Guitar work in this.

Great B Side.. one of my fave Bon Jovi Songs: Better than most bands hits.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-

-D- wrote:

Yeah I got them all somewhere.

Have u heard "Radio Saved My Life Tonight?" One of my fave BJ songs EVER. can't believe it didn't make Keep The Faith "Woman in love, I am looking at U!"

-D-

-D- wrote:

Bitter Wine

Bitter Wine (Electric Version)

Flesh And Bone

Gotta Have A Reason

Hit Between The Eyes

I Just Want To Be Your Man

Lonely At The Top

Nobody's Hero

Open All Night

Prostitute

The End

The Fire Inside

Wedding Day

When She Comes

Love Gone Bad

My faves are When She Comes,Lonely at The Top *bout Cobain* Wedding Day

should be easy to torrent.. I got the CD somewhere.. I recently moved.. so its untelling where LOL!

Board footer