You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Whitesnakes Re-Birth

Lomax wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone here is into this band, personally I hated them for years because of their image BUT, they've released two excellent albums over the past 3 years. Good to be Bad 2009 and this year's Forevermore.

The quality of musicianship/songwriting/production is mind blowing.
The rock on roll on thee two disks is so dirty and in your face it would re-spark your faith in rock n roll

Has anyone else listened to these albums? What do you make of them?Here's a few samples for anyone who hasn't.

All out of luck: (Best rock song of the past 10 years imo)

A fool in love:

Call on me:

Whipping boy blues:

In 2011 this is what hard rock should be. Had Axl come out of the traps in '08 with Forevermore, he would probably have lived up to the hype.

Lomax wrote:

Shit... wrong section....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

He's  a smart man big_smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I thought it was monkey talking it up? I can't remember.

Either way, I never paid ANY attention to Whitesnake until Doug Aldrich joined the band. Doug is an amazingly underrated blues-technical guitarist, that used to be in two of my favorite bands growing up, the soundtrack-oriented Lion (1986-1989), and the Japanese-popular hard rock band Bad Moon Rising (1991-1995).

Aldrich's guitar blends NICELY with Coverdale's voice, and although I have never been a big fan of WS, I really enjoyed the Aldrich performed Live album they released, "Live In The Shadow of the Blues", and their last two studio albums.

THIS is one of the best rock songs of the entire 2000's decade. Anyone know it? Didn't think so...

Whitesnake - 'Til The End of Time (off their 2008 release "Good To Be Bad")

Lomax wrote:

Yeeeees. What an excellent song. I tend to think of that one as a precursor to Forevermore in it's sentiment. Really tastefully done which is what shocks me most about these 2 new Whitesnake disks. They are classy.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Gawd I miss bands like this.  I saw them in '89 or '90 at Red Rocks in Colorado, and it is easily one of the best shows I've ever seen (even though Sykes had already left).  The tracks you posted above have my attention.  I may have to buy me some new CDs!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I've always loved Whitesnake...thanks for putting these up.

Lomax wrote:

His voice is Amazeballs.

Hard to believe this is Live!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

yeah...I was massively talking up this:

615CY356E5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Here's the amazon link if anyone's keen) http://www.amazon.com/Whitesnake-Live-S … 76&sr=8-3)

I didn't know whitesnake at all and kinda considered them a bit of a tragic old band, until a mate/guitar teacher of mine was warming up one day and started busting out these bad ass riffs. Full of like chord inversions and shit that sounds real cool on guitar. I'm like "wtf is that.." and he's like "whitesnake". And i realised that on an actual guitar lots of stuff that sounds suspect in early 80s recordings is actually very badass in a room with the volume pumped on your amp! hahah.

Anyway - I bought that DVD with the Doug Aldrich era line up and he's fucking awesome...I also saw them live and it was great (tho I had to leave early as the girl I was with feinted - maybe from the shredtasticness lol).

I use the live CD of the Aldrich shows instead of the studio cuts of the older songs - just cos I like the way they're done so much.

That got me into "Good to Be Bad" - which is a great little EP!

Strangely I bought "Forevermore" but think I only span it once then got distracted. Forgot I even owned it...i might bust it out now and get back into them.

Anyway...much like how I beleive Megadeth with Chris Broderick is a return to Marty Friedman style goodness....I think the modern whitesnake with Doug is really back in form in a major way.

Board footer