You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The bottom line

Axlin16 wrote:

In Neemo-ish sort of way, I think I need to take the moment to state something directly related to GN'R and some recent comments.

I've really REALLY thought about them more than I should have, considering this is "just the fuckin' internet" as I like to say.

For anybody wondering about my feelings (yeah I know who gives a shit) on GN'R.

I'll keep it short and sweet...

Many guys before me, such as monkeychow, DCK, Mr. ID, among others have all said one thing -- it's just a show.

And that's really what this whole bullshit ordeal with GN'R is.

STOP FUCKIN' WORRYING ABOUT THEIR FUCKING AWFUL WAY OF DOING BUSINESS

And that's it. Just enjoy THE MUSIC. That's all. That's ALL this is about. You or I love Guns N' Roses.

If you're wondering about going to a show - GO. And just look at it as a fun night out, hearing your favorite songs, and NOTHING more. Don't complicate it. Don't look too deep into it. If you can't afford it - don't go. It doesn't make you a bad person, i'm sure Axl will catch you next time, no prob.

I love Guns N' Roses and will continue to do so. ALL I have interest in is hearing new music, or hearing them perform the songs. I don't care at all about them fucking up what they will be guaranteed to fuck up. It's their problem not mine.

"Just enjoy the ride" as the man said

And with that, I close this post with...

[youtube]qZMyNbRv8EM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

That's all it's about folks. Take a chill, relax. It's just fuckin' music. 9

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I love their music and I go to the shows when they come.

I also love checking in for the latest installment of the GN'R soap opera too.  Honestly if this band wasn't sooo fucked up and dysfunctional, I'm sure during the long dead periods between new music or a tour I would lose interest.

You couldn't write a better script with some of the shit that goes down.  I enjoy the music, I enjoy the conerts but fuck me the drama is entertaining too!!!  16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I tend to agree.

I mean I think some of us get frustrated just cos we know how close to something amazing we always are. Yet how far from it too.

I mean to me Axl is THE songwriter-vocalist of my generation. He's loaded up with people who are insane on guitar - and I love his other works - so like I'm sort of 99% sure when he drops CD2 that I'll fucking love it. And who doesn't want somethign that they know they'll love. So it gets frustrating just because you know a desire could be met yet probably wont be for a while.

But then I also understand his views that he doesnt owe me anything too. It's just like other desires I guess. Like hot girls don't need to sleep with me either...but doesn't mean that if I'm aware of how hot a girl is I won't desire it. Musically - Axl doesnt need to use his talents for me. But that doesn't mean I wont want him to! lol.

Another part of GNR is the uncertanty. In 2002 I was expecting 93 Axl voice and was shocked. In 2006 I was expecting 2002 Axl voice and was presently surprised. Then in 2011 I was expecting 2006 and it comes and goes. So as a fan you dont quite ever know if u will see your favourite peformance to date or your least favourite. But thats part of the magic too I guess.

I guess for me the bottom line is GNR sometimes do things I don't like...but I prefer it to Axl retiring and there just not being a GNR. GNR has given me a lot - my favourite music - amazing songs I'll cherish forever and that have helped me in my own life - a hobby - some pretty good friends and all kinds of things. So in the scheme of things I feel we probablty do complain a bit much.

Axl does wierd things and all...but if my fanbase (non existant lol) was half as jharsh with me as we are with him I'd end up sharing very little too!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Great post Axlin!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

And that's the bottom line.

Imagine the last 10 years with NOTHING.

What fucking fun that would have been. This place wouldn't even exist.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Yeah I tend to agree.

I mean I think some of us get frustrated just cos we know how close to something amazing we always are. Yet how far from it too.

I mean to me Axl is THE songwriter-vocalist of my generation. He's loaded up with people who are insane on guitar - and I love his other works - so like I'm sort of 99% sure when he drops CD2 that I'll fucking love it. And who doesn't want somethign that they know they'll love. So it gets frustrating just because you know a desire could be met yet probably wont be for a while.

But then I also understand his views that he doesnt owe me anything too. It's just like other desires I guess. Like hot girls don't need to sleep with me either...but doesn't mean that if I'm aware of how hot a girl is I won't desire it. Musically - Axl doesnt need to use his talents for me. But that doesn't mean I wont want him to! lol.

Another part of GNR is the uncertanty. In 2002 I was expecting 93 Axl voice and was shocked. In 2006 I was expecting 2002 Axl voice and was presently surprised. Then in 2011 I was expecting 2006 and it comes and goes. So as a fan you dont quite ever know if u will see your favourite peformance to date or your least favourite. But thats part of the magic too I guess.

I guess for me the bottom line is GNR sometimes do things I don't like...but I prefer it to Axl retiring and there just not being a GNR. GNR has given me a lot - my favourite music - amazing songs I'll cherish forever and that have helped me in my own life - a hobby - some pretty good friends and all kinds of things. So in the scheme of things I feel we probablty do complain a bit much.

Axl does wierd things and all...but if my fanbase (non existant lol) was half as jharsh with me as we are with him I'd end up sharing very little too!

Oh don't get wrong. He's not off the hook on ANYTHING. I think he handles his shit horrendously, and because he's put himself in that position due to a lack of professionalism, it puts him in a very tight situation.

Basically he has to come in and deliver SOLELY on those songs. My fuse with him has been totally extinguished. The lack of new music or original players, are both recurring issues. I totally support the new band, if they are actively moving towards new music. When they don't, I ache for old Guns.

Axl's late issues and horrible assistants and management, did a large effort in extinguishing that good will.

So it puts me in a position to take a step back, and just love him as an artist, love him as Axl Rose, the lead singer of Guns N' Roses.

The good news is, he can repair my good will with VERY little effort. I'm NOT a hard man to please. I WANT the guy to succeed. I WANT him to be THE BEST.

A new show with a new song played, even if just one, would be enough for me to go "whoa, fuckin' cool, I love you dude".

Even at Rio IV, him busting out Estranged, was a TOTALLY AWESOME moment. Problem is the show was surrounded by so much disaster, that it cancelled it all out. Shame.

But I still wish him the absolute best...

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Indeed!
Yes, he did say like..."live your life, enjoy the ride, maybe you'll get something that works for you on the album", etc.

In a way it was like saying... "WHY do you want to be so informed about the crazyness of my life, the business, and the complexity of working through all my issues and business issues and music issues? I hate this more than you do. Just... come to a show and enjoy, and put the record on once you get it, and like it...and stop trying to armchair quarterback, because it's NOT going to be fun."

Hey, he was right.

Business- confusingly fsked
Show- FUN! (usually)
Performer- Great! (usually)
Artist- Enigmatic!

Let's enjoy the fun, great, and bask in the mystery.
And let Axl shove a fork through his eye dealing with the fsked business. Because that's what his job is! Not ours.

johndivney wrote:

the bottom line for me is GnR/Axl capture & reflect the absurdity of life
on any given day we can have triumph & fuck-up's within a matter of minutes of each other (RiR - Estranged/it goes tits-up w/the worst NovRain ever or the excellent Superdomo gig & then Axl throws a wobbler @ the airport)

even when the chips are down i still think it's the most fun & honest rock act we've got & probably ever had. yea i'd love to hear new music from Axl but his inability to deliver & all the reasons for that i think are as tragic & hilarious as the music, nearly. it IS fun, it's all it is is fun - sure it can be shitty & frustrating but that's life & GnR mirror it in a way the slick machines of other (disingenuous) rock n roll bands don't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I always remember rio 3.

I was struggling, didn't like what fink was doing, not wasn't used to bucket head, Axl's voice was really different to how I expected it...I was having a serious WTF....then they did madagascar.....and I realised then in that second that even tho GNR will never be what it was with slash and co, Axl still has a lot to give this world.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

When Axl fucks up, you tell him;

"What the fuck man, this sucks, THIS is how you should do it..."

Not

"You're over you fuck, go home, your band is over"

Board footer