You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Re: Mexico City (2nd Night) - Palacio de los Deportes - October 19, 2011

Scabbie wrote:

I'm not gonna bash ac/dc, they are a fucking great band and if there's anyone to pull off that voice, it's definitely Axl. and maybe he enjoys singing them, it's his bit of fun?

If you were to pick a gnr song that had the same type of vibe as wlr or riff raff 'nice boys' springs to mind.

Would be also cool if they played 'move to the city' for the gig In indaianapolis.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

I'm not gonna bash ac/dc, they are a fucking great band and if there's anyone to pull off that voice, it's definitely Axl. and maybe he enjoys singing them, it's his bit of fun?

If you were to pick a gnr song that had the same type of vibe as wlr or riff raff 'nice boys' springs to mind.

Would be also cool if they played 'move to the city' for the gig In indaianapolis.

well, nice boys is a rose tattoo cover. move to the city would be fuckin great though!  one of my all time favourite gnr songs..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Is this the show where Axl fell off the stage?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-r … age-video/

Time to retire Axl. 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

My bad ... carry on [edit]

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i think the set lists have been killer. alot of people were begging for Estranged. check. many said they should play alot from CD. check. play more than 2 hours. check.

all gnr fans - casual and us die-hards - are lying to ourselves if we say the set list is no good.

any complaints should be minor ones. the band does not deserve any kind of major criticism for this tour.

my minor complaints would be:
1. too many solos (i think it kills the flow of the show. this was true in '91 as well. although the wild horses jam was killer.)
2. too many slow songs. it's almost one for one (rocker to ballad) after the first 4 songs. i'd prefer a 4-1 ratio overall. i'd drop don't cry and KOHD and replace with My Michelle, OTGM, Scraped, SR, IRS.
3. mixing up a portion of the set list would be cool. just to keep you surprised and not knowing what to expect. would also love to hear other songs mixed in from all their albums.

but again, these are not so much complaints, just what i would aks for in a perfect world. i have thoughts like this after most shows i go to. we can come up with suggestions for every band out there. doesn't mean the band is being lazy or doesn't care or is calling it in. so like i said, the band does not deserve major criticism.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

They should do Sailing again.  That was an incredible cover.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Saikin wrote:

They should do Sailing again.  That was an incredible cover.

+1,000,000

I'd love a studio version of that.

......................or a studio version of anything. tongue

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
-D- wrote:

Problem with CD songs, most sound pretty terrible live. the ones they play are the ones they pull off well and Better is always hit or miss.

TWAT,Shacklers,Prostitute are terrible live and IRS is Shogtun Blues level bad so have no interest in hearing it live anyway

Reminds me of Motley Crue's The Dirt book and how they talk about touring after Generation Swine and what a blast it was playing the old songs but felt robotic and empty doing the electronica stuff off Swine or something like that

i don't think CD songs sound terrible, but they don't sound better live than on the album.

part of why i love GnR (and most of my favorite bands) is that they generally sound better live. it's not the talent of the band, its the nature of the songs. AFD was straight-up hard rock, and the attitude and passion of those songs was even more clear when played live. and they almost sounded better when the songs were not played "perfect."

that was true for many songs on the UYI albums as well. because even when there was other "stuff" going on in those songs, at the core was still a great kick-ass rock song, and that's what came through live.

CD songs rely on alot of other "stuff" and they are somewhat challenging to listen to at times because of how much is going on in each song. therefore, they don't translate as well to a live stage, but i still think they sound good.

i love "sorry" but if the first time i heard it was at a concert, i wouldn't have loved it as much. yet back in '91, Perfect Crime was an instant favorite of mine the first time i heard it, which was live before the album came out.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think some CD songs like ITW song even better live.

I think that sounds great live.  "This I Love" really hit home for me after seeing some of the performances on the 2010 Canadian tour.  "I.R.S." is another one I think is better live.  I dig "Shackler's Revenge" live, too.  I would say "Chinese Democracy" sounds better live, too, actually.

Ali

Board footer