You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNRevolution Exclusive! Classic Rock Feb Mag Cover!

Sky Dog wrote:

Buckethead may be close to insane....I don't think he will be back unfortunately.:( Some funny shit though. No way Bucket and Axl could coexist....both are too eccentric and just have way different views about art, work habits, etc.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If those studio walls could talk....

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

Great scoop Neemo smile

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I'm gonna have to order myself a copy.

AtariLegend wrote:

...If anyone mentions the MLK quotes thing, the poster of that MYGNR thread last year, probably just made a good guess.

Although that Buckethead stuff is hilarious, it is kinda disturbing and it's easy to see why Axl didn't find it funny after a while.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

They have had some crazy shit going on there.  Buckehead 18 

It seems like buckethead left for basically the same reasons as Slash - coming into the studio every day but most times Axl not being there, playing the same parts over and over, not going anywhere etc etc.  Although the massive $$'s blown on rented gear that's never used wouldn't have bothered Bucket like it did Slash since he wasn't picking up the bill.

Interesting that Zutaut thinks he was set up - it wouldn't surprise me, there is a lot of people with a vested interest in seeing this thing drag on or who had/have very cozy positions that they wouldn't like to see change.

Interesting too that Beta says she thinks Zutaut did hit on Erin - how the fuck would she know, she wasn't even around in those days.

Zutaut says they had pretty well finished versions of The Blues, Madagascar & Chinese Democracy.  He says Atlas Shrugged was also pretty good.  Why is it (with the exception of Atlas) are these all songs we have heard?  Are these the best songs/material that they have??  They only play these ones live, these are the ones that were leaked intentionally or unintentionally.  Im curious that whenver someone involved somehwere over the years mentions some of the music from CD - they seem to talk about the same songs all the time.  Zutaut mentioned 50-60 songs on 4 or 5 cd's each with 12-15 songs per piece - yet these are the ones he talks about and worked on????  Fast foward another 6 or 7 years and it's these same songs that coincidentally leak, get played live etc.  What about all the other songs or do they just suck or are really basic works in progress?

It makes me think that possibly this is the best material that he has?  Probably Prostitute/Sorry is the only other song along with Atlas we have heard about a few times.  I mean with the exception of IRS I really like all the songs that have leaked so far, but how good are the remaining 45-55 songs that we haven't heard - I would hazard a guess that most are well below these songs for quality?

Sky Dog wrote:

James must be at happy hour because there is alot of stuff he could sink his teeth in to in that article. Tom is basically talking about the 2002 version of the record. What is slightly disturbing is the fact that Tom said there was only 11-12 songs very close to being finished and ready for release. Atlas Shrugged is definitely a completed track that someone has. On the other hand, Zoot says that there were 4-5 cd's of 10-15 songs from which Axl could choose to work with. In the end, I get the impression that Axl had a hard time finding stuff he really liked....or had a hard time dealing with all the material.....:ummm:

Sky Dog wrote:

Aussie, you're thinking along the same lines I am but I still don't think we have heard any singles except possibly Better. I can only imagine the insane shit (literally) that Axl may have recorded from Buckethead.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Links are dead, but I'll find it later. From things mentioned about this article so far, Atlas Shrugged has apparently been confirmed as a separate track(theories it was Madagascar or If the World).

Apparently BH is a major league freak. This guy is gonna kill on this album.

Interesting we now have another person close to the project willing to say this album isn't loaded with singles. Doesn't really surprise me. When Ezrin says there's three good songs, nothing surprises me after that.

Like others, its very odd how no matter how many years go by, the same few songs are always mentioned even when there are claims of 30-80 songs. We've obviously heard some of the best material.

That was the best article I have ever read on CD.   5   Tom Zutaut told all.    I never knew that him and Axl had a falling out because of Erin.   Also Tom reveals that Erin was the one that instigated Axl into some of the rages.  I was always so interested in the goings on in their relationship it's just another piece of the puzzle revealed.

Tom really got the project together, songs, budget, to bad he was booted out over something that seemed really like a set up, I mean Tom knowing how Axl is, I am sure wouldn't have strangers in there.   I wonder if that screening was to come to pass would Axl have agreed to WTTJ being used in Black Hawk Down and CD would have been finished with Tom on board to see the project to the end.

Buckethead, WOW.   Ummm don't quite know what to say about what I read there.   I guess if it helps him be creative but that guy is out there, really out there.    Can't blame him for leaving tho.

Bottom line, if Zutaut would have stayed, I am confident that we would have had CD years ago.   The biggest mistake out of this whole saga, was letting him go.

I found it interesting that they use some tracks that are keyboard heavy for someone to learn the keyboards as he said with a leak that he heard of CD that had a weird keyboard thing going on that he wasn't familiar with.

Beta really has the control doesn't she.    If the album really is finally done and in the record co and they are just negotiating, I sure hope we see it this year.   If nogotiations are still going on by the end of this year, for god sakes bring Zutaut back on board!!!!!

Classic Mag  5   I thoroughly enjoyed this read!

Board footer