You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: ASHBA: When You Come To A GnR Show, You Know There's A Danger Element

Lomax wrote:

2:30 on Accidents

4:18 Oh My God

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

its pretty simple if you dont like Sixx AM or the stuff that he has shown playing live in GnR then you dont like his playing

its ok to not like his playing ... but i do ...

i've always thought Heart Failure by Sixx AM had some bad ass riffage...right at the start just let the helecopter land first 16 its prolly one of James Michaels shining moments lyrically on the album too

that whole Heroin Diaries album is pretty cool tbh Nikki really let DJ mess around with interludes and solo spots and stuff...i recommend it for sure...there are some not so shining parts vocally though...but if you are a fan of rock music and you havent heard it then you should at least give it one spin smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Thanks, guys.  smile

Those solos are okay, not bad by any means, riffs are good, but I still have to consider that what's okay for Nikki on an album isn't the same with what Axl would be okay with. I am interested what a DJ/Axl song would sound like, with Richard and Bumble on it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

some awesome guitar solos by DJ in this spoken word outro by Nikki from HD

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ has never written a song that comes close to being on the same level as Better.

That was a good interview with him, though. But now I'm convinced he's trying to copy Slash on stage.

Are You With Me fucking DESTROYS Better, and I actually think Better was Robin's finest hour in GN'R.

Robin's best moments

Better
SOD
TWAT

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

DJ has never written a song that comes close to being on the same level as Better.

That was a good interview with him, though. But now I'm convinced he's trying to copy Slash on stage.

Are You With Me fucking DESTROYS Better

A bout of anemisa?

Sounds like something you would expect on one of those awful made for TV films about teenage romance in America.

Lomax wrote:

Oh My God (The Sixx AM song) is excellent. It's like a good U2 and I mean that in a good way

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

CD for the most part, sounds like generic Nu Metal with really awesome guitar solos.

Nothing special about any riff on that entire album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are You With Me fucking DESTROYS Better, and I actually think Better was Robin's finest hour in GN'R.

Robin's best moments

Better
SOD
TWAT

Meh, I hate saying this because I know some of our members love the stuff, but all DJ's songs, overall, sounds pretty generic to me. 

There are some okay/good parts though.

I think Ron's solo stuff is just God awful, but when I listen to parts, like riffs, certain solos, a couple instrumental breakdowns, I'd be intersted in hearing those moments put together into a full song by Chris, Dizzy, Axl and Tommy and I think there could be something really cool there. Same with DJ.

Board footer