You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That is the EXACT reason I waited until the last week to buy a ticket. For weeks and weeks and weeks, they kept showing the same shitty ass seats that NOBODY wants, even if it was the '72 Stones, and the whole time I KNEW it was Ticketmaster holding seats back, trying to sell the shit first, then sell the good stuff.

Sorry man, hope it works out. But in the future, like myself, just wait. This is not a "fast trigger" band anymore, and great seats seem to open up at the 11th hour, honestly JUST like Buzz & Lofton said.

Worked for me.

Yup. Lesson learned for sure on that one.

Nearly every GNR show I've been up front (once shaking Axl's hand during "out to get me" in Tampa), this one I won't AND I feel chumped out for buying "pre-sale." Like I said though, I'll find a way down to the stage, I'll guarantee you that. 16

Saw that shit today, and grab another ticket for someone who had an "11th hour" change of heart.

I flipped the fuck out when I saw it.

I was like "I KNEW IT! I MOTHER FUCKIN' KNEW IT! GOD DAMN TICKETMASTER, thanks IRVING, you PRICK"

Cramer wrote:

OK this is hilarious. I just sold my two tickets on CL for 99 bucks! Straight to paypal. They only cost me 100 after my Amex points were applied anyway, so I essentially broke even.

Then went to TM and bought one front row ticket, seat two (from the aisle.) The chance of a single buyer picking up that single aisle seat is really low. Once the show starts, my wife can come down from row ten (tix I got last night on stub hub) and join me on the aisle. My step daughter can sit back on ten and be glad I'm such an awesome guy to surprise her like this. big_smile

I'm up front mofos!

I'll be up front, same area, but on the OPPOSITE side.

We'll have Axl cornered, no escaping.

16 9

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Last night, a quick recap:

1) Got stuck in I4 on the way up. We were stuck for about 30 minutes sitting still. People out of their cars talking etc. We expected a big car wreck, but didn't see a thing. Have no idea what happened, but we were running behind.

2) Because of this we only got to see the last 5 songs of Buckcherry. They really brought it, so I wished I had seen more.

3) 90 minute wait in between set. Just too long. This topic has been debated to death, but I value my time. Especially as I get older and especially if I paid money for something. 45-60 minutes is plenty of time. Crowd was booing and rightfully so.

4) I was right up front by the side of the stage. I saw Frank sitting for a good 20 minutes behind the drums talking to somebody. Even while the place was booing he kept talking, lol, totally unfazed by the crowd. Guess he was used to it. Tommy was 10 feet from me holding his daughter? Snapped a picture of him and the little girl and said thanks (as he noticed us and held still for the shot.)

5) Lead singer to Buckcherry was right below me watching the show for a while which was cool. Also saw Jarmo walking around too taking pictures and texting non stop. He's still a douche.

6) Band came out strong and stayed strong. Big energy, lots of crowd interaction and sounded great. While I still am no real fan of DJ I will hand it to him for his participation with fans. He was all over that rail and working the crowd. Ron seemed subdued and turned in, I wonder if he was in physical pain from the accident?

Axl was in a great mood and his voice was fantastic. I don't know what happened in Rio, and it was indeed a disaster of a performance, but last night was light years away from that. In fact, I'd say it may have been the best concert (after nearly 10 times) I had ever seen them play. The biggest factor for that assessment would be the cohesiveness of the band and the energy they put out. Lots of running around on the stage; they worked it hard. Set list was nice too, and the crowd seemed very receptive to all the songs.

Unlike many other arena shows I've seen in the past, the majority of the crowd stuck around until the end. I'd say this probably had a lot to do with it being a weekend night. I realized the last show I had seen was in Jax almost 5 years ago on Halloween. By the time the lights came up on that show, the  place was nearly empty. Not this time. I'd say everybody left a very happy camper.

7) About the middle of the show some drunk guy puked all over himself and subsequently my jacket. Some guy next to me (I meant to ask him what forum he posted on, I could just tell he was a forum type) gave me a plastic bag to put the jacket in. Despite this I still managed to get this guys puke on my hands, and ran to the bathroom to scrub myself like I was going to perform a surgery.

8) Shook Axl's hand at the start of CD. Pretty awesome. Ironically I was in the same seating arrangement in Tampa 5 years ago and shook his hand then too. Also like that time, my wife selflessly took a picture of the moment rather than go for her own moment. Gawd bless that woman.

9) Ron came up and handed me a GNR guitar pick, nice n' easy in my hand. So that was cool too.

10) Like any late night concert the crowd was getting rowdy at the end and people were moving into our area from other seats. At one point an overzealous, 300 cc brained male attempted to dive over us to "touch" Axl and in the even almost pushed my wife off the bleachers. I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him back and he settled down. Later however at the end of the concert he decided to pick a fight with my wife. If I was younger (a 20 yr old me) I would have just hauled of an whaled on him. But as a 40 year old I was so taken back by how stupid he was (I mean, what 20 something guy picks a fight with a 40 year old woman?) that I just looked at him. At one point he was screaming "What's Axl's real name? You're not a REAL fan!" So stupid and so funny.

Anyway, Frank came over and threw a drumstick up in the air and this cretin dove for it. Knocking over a few people, including his 10 dollar hooker girlfriend. When this happened, she busted her ass, her weave fell off, and she dropped her cash (didn't find out until later.) My wife picked up her fake hair and said "You GF lost her hair", haha so funny. Then she picked up her money, about 35 cash, too. Anyway if by any chance you're reading this, we want to thank you for buying us breakfast afterwards, it was appreciated. 16 Also next time, if you want to be a tough guy, pick a fight with a man, not a woman who is old enough to be your Mom.

11) We also lost and found a bank debit card (found when the lights came up) which to me was a miracle.

12) Met up with Kujo, and McGann from HTGTH. I'd been to a few shows with Kujo and he's good people. Nice to meet McGann finally after all these years. I did see "Sex Kitten" from HTGTH on the rail up front as well. We had run into her in LV in 2006; her and my wife hit it off right away and partied that night. Funny seeing the usual suspects after all these years together in our completely dysfunctional GNR family.

13) Got some AMAZING photos with the digital camera. Need some battery thingy, so won't have them up until tomorrow probably. I was so close I could tell you that Axl has a great dentist. I could see the diamonds shining on his rings...fucking CLOSE. I have a few of my crappy cell pics I'll put up now just so you can get an idea.

13) Wish I could go to Miami tonight. In the old days I would have. We used to drive hours, fly all over the country etc. We've really followed this band all over the country over the years. I'll tell you though, after getting home last night and getting to bed at 6 am, my old ass is tired. I'm pretty beat up! It's more appealing to appreciate what we just experienced and spend the rest of the day together doing nothing and then just go out for a nice dinner later.

14) I asked my wife if it was worth the 90 minute wait and she said "Yes totally." While I grumble at the principle of waiting, I still agree with her. It was worth it, and I thank them for the experience.

imag0763.jpg

Tommy with the baby.

imag0769w.jpg

Shaking hands with Axl...

imag0785.jpg

imag0802h.jpg

imag0816.jpg

johndivney wrote:

brilliant write-up, funny & gross & captures a bit of the variety of crowd gnr pulls in

glad you enjoyed it
it is sweet when you're @ a gnr show & it's a fucking good show
which isn't actually that rare, it's just the spoiled shows get such publicity i guess..

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

1) Got stuck in I4 on the way up. We were stuck for about 30 minutes sitting still. People out of their cars talking etc. We expected a big car wreck, but didn't see a thing. Have no idea what happened, but we were running behind.

I got stuck too. I couldn't believe what was going on, and to find out it was nothing, I was pissed. After that everything was fine.

The ironic thing was I told Russ the day before I KNEW I would get stuck on I-4. It's just how I-4 works that fuckin' piece of shit freeway.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I4 blows. What was so funny was the guy next to us said "Yea I heard the VP was here and they were blocking off traffic for AL GORE to leave."

Ummmm....you're only about a decade behind moron! We had some good laughs over that one.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

What a 'tard.

If it was the VP... I don't mind waiting. Okay.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And I also want to say about "Guns N' Roses On Tour"

For me, my 2011...

Slash
Buckethead
Axl Rose

That's what i've seen this year! That's a fuckin' GN'R year to end all years right there!

johndivney wrote:

did BH play any GnR?!

it is a fucking cool run of gigs... but BH isn't really GnR tbpfh
say Axl n Slash last yr they played GnR stuff
Duff on tues r wed this week. GnR on tour. where's Izzy?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Buckethead didn't play any GN'R songs, but think Bucket's solo segments at the GN'R shows, x 90 minutes.

Either way, it's a very odd, unique run in 2011, that I was able to catch this roster of guys all in the same year.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Got an email where they are dropping some lower level seating to 20 dollar tickets... If I didn't live 3 hours away from Atlanta.. I'd prob go to that show also.. Gonna wait and go to Nashville which is just 90mins.

Board footer