You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

Lomax wrote:

I understand that people, including you and me, experience music subjectively through their own beliefs and biases.

Also that you and me could both be at the same concert and have two totally different experiences.

Music is subjective. You can't objectify musical experience.
Also that assuming you're opinion is fact, and that everyone should see that is the quickest way to a headache

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

What I think is there's certain people here that are buttsore that I didn't slam the fuckin' show.

That's what happened. I didn't know I had fanboys that I somehow let down because I told an honest assessment of what happened, instead of "tearing Axl's soul apart", to quote Hellraiser.

buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

Actually i'd say it gives him less credibility.

If I start suddenly ripping Axl's ass and mis-remembering my own show down the line, then i'll be in the same boat.

But until then, discrediting it 6-1/2 seconds after it was made, ESPECIALLY WHEN I RIPPED ON AXL AND CERTAIN ASPECTS OF THE SHOW... is frankly jaw-dropping.

It was almost like people picked out the positive to try to make negative, rather than pick out the negative and discuss it at length.

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

No one is "qualified" to tell someone they didn't have as good of a time as they did. The person who was actually there would know better, yes?

Sorry but it just cracks me up that some can't believe the show was just that good.  And yes, I get the "being there changes your objectivity" part in some way, but isn't that kinda the point that others have been trying to make for years? Sitting around on a forum, watching YouTube videos and judging a show by it isn't reality. Perhaps being there in person is really the way to do so?

Not necessarily.  Think of it as the 10:00 "2" that turns into the 2:00 "10" - this is the same thing.  It's an emotional response. 

I don't think Bono said he didn't have a good time, I think he said he'd see it differently when he had some time away from it - at least that's how I read the message.  Since that's human nature, I agree with the assessment.

I studied psychology, I know psychology, and if you knew me personally you'd know I knew it better than most.

I was perfectly in control of my emotions. I am one of those guys that can go into the middle of a bullshit situation and be HYPER-aware of everything going on, and perfectly capable of making the right decisions, and not emotional decisions.

It's actually the only personality trait i've ever had in my life where I was "in the zone" in, and the best of anyone I knew.

Axl cannot slip any goddamn thing past me, based on emotions. NO ONE can bullshit me into thinking a shit sandwich is roast beef.

Including Axl Rose.

The man put on a great shows. Some songs were better than 2006, some songs weren't, some songs were great, some songs were average, some songs were totally not even fucking needed.

And that's pretty much what I said from the beginning.

But I just want to re-state, that MOST "got it". Because those are the people here with brains. Not the ones thinking with ego's.

buzzsaw wrote:

Wow, you guys don't understand people at all.  Kinda scarey.

johndivney wrote:

what i find scary is people mistaking cynicism for objectivity

well not scary, just... i dunno, amusing.

I did study Psychology, and frankly John has alot better take on it than Buzz. Alot of people are confusing pessimism (not even cynicism) with objectivity.

The people on this board, and any other board, have no fucking clue how trapped in their own disillusion they are to realize they're living on some planet that no one else is on.

They are the ones who've lost their objectivity. 'Cause all they want to see is the negative, and disacknowlede or discredit the positive, because like I said before, we apparently have a group of people on here that JUST WANT TO BE RIGHT.

It doesn't matter if they lie, stretch the truth, exaggerate the situation, as long as they can be RIGHT.

Well I was NEVER one of those people. I can rip Axl, and I can also say "good job", because I actually am HONEST. And that door swings both ways. Somedays Axl's gonna fuck up, somedays Axl's gonna rule. He's on a drug -- it's called Axl Rose.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

[youtube]0hqwhNr_rMk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Lomax wrote:

^^^ HAWSUMN

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - trust me, I read people for a living.  NOBODY here has a better understanding of people than I do.  Carry on.

Lomax wrote:

Business must be booming 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Naltav wrote:

[youtube]0hqwhNr_rMk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Fucking awesome!!!  But damn, DJ is VERY AVERAGE... That solo sucked.  Axl sounded great!  ron needs to take the solo.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

He played Slash's solo pretty closely, I don't think it sounded bad.
I just wish the whole band would kick in right from the start.

I find it funnier that DJ can't pull off the smoking while playing, anywhere close to how Slash used to do it. To see him quickly throw the cigarette away from his mouth was hilarious.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He had some bad bends, and his attack was lacking and he messed up a run, but yeah, other than that, he played the right notes, but didn't have the right "feel".

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Board footer